Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Interesting error message

Interesting error message

Gerry Wolf

While re-installing Norton Anti-Virus, my son's computer stalled. Upon
reset, the following error message came up:

Error: An I/O Subsystem driver failed to load
Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low
on memory.

The computer in question is a Home built P-III 500, with 512 mb RAM, running
Windows 98SE, on a home network. Yesterday, the PSU burned up and the mobo
and all components were transferred to a new case. This case has three fans
and I don't think it's a heat problem. And a virus scan from Trend Micro
identified a trojan that had been on the machine which was deleted.

Any solution to this? As right now the system will not run. Or am I in for
yet another reformat and start from scratch?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.BTW: Where is a .\iosubsys sub
directory anyway?

Gerry Wolf

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:09:54 GMT, "Gerry Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> While re-installing Norton Anti-Virus, my son's computer stalled. Upon
|> reset, the following error message came up:
|>
|> Error: An I/O Subsystem driver failed to load
|> Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low
|> on memory.

|> Any solution to this? As right now the system will not run. Or am I in for
|> yet another reformat and start from scratch?
|>
|> Any suggestions would be appreciated.BTW: Where is a .\iosubsys sub
|> directory anyway?

Looks like iosubsys is a directory of virtual drivers.

If I were to get this error, I'd hit F8 repeatedly when starting Win98
until a menu appears and selecting create bootlog.txt and have it record
the failure.

Boot up with your Win98 boot disk and read C:\bootlog.txt.

This is a partial listing of a bootlog.txt from my Win98se:

[00002E50] Dynamic load device C:\WINDOWS\system\IOSUBSYS\apix.vxd
[00002E50] Dynamic load success C:\WINDOWS\system\IOSUBSYS\apix.vxd
[00002E50] Dynamic load device C:\WINDOWS\system\IOSUBSYS\atapchng.vxd
[00002E50] Dynamic load success C:\WINDOWS\system\IOSUBSYS\atapchng.vxd

I'd look for a failure and then replace that file.

Unspecified error Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved fro kanman Case Modding 0 04-25-2009 02:00 PM
Interesting EDK error !!! knight VHDL 2 10-23-2008 11:23 AM
Interesting Boost::bind error? joe C++ 1 03-11-2008 10:20 AM
Error message different than Context.Server.GetLastError.Message tshad ASP .Net 0 01-27-2005 06:38 PM
ODBC has error but no error message displayed Robert Brown ASP .Net 2 07-03-2003 11:47 AM

Advertisments