Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Avg breakdown

Avg breakdown

Nowhere

Ok I'm back with an update. Avg 7, un installed, now will not, re install.

Set up tells me a full version is already operating??

I have deleted everything, but Zonealarm tells me that the email scanner and
updater are still there, but I can't find them to delete them. Help me....

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Nowhere wrote:
> Ok I'm back with an update. Avg 7, un installed, now will not, re install.
>
> Set up tells me a full version is already operating??
>
> I have deleted everything, but Zonealarm tells me that the email scanner and
> updater are still there, but I can't find them to delete them. Help me....

ZoneAlarm isn't telling you what is installed, it is showing you what
progams are permitted access.
Your Add/Remove applet is where you find what is installed.
Have you gone to the Program Files folders and deleted leftover files
for the programs you have unistalled?

Nowhere

Everything deleted... I'm baffled!

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q1mQd.209$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nowhere wrote:
> > Ok I'm back with an update. Avg 7, un installed, now will not, re

install.

> > Set up tells me a full version is already operating??
> >
> > I have deleted everything, but Zonealarm tells me that the email scanner

and
> > updater are still there, but I can't find them to delete them. Help

me....

> ZoneAlarm isn't telling you what is installed, it is showing you what
> progams are permitted access.
> Your Add/Remove applet is where you find what is installed.
> Have you gone to the Program Files folders and deleted leftover files
> for the programs you have unistalled?

Mellowed

Try going into MSCONFIG / STARTUP and 'uncheck' any AVG entries first. Then
try your uninstall/delete routines.

news:cuspc7$rnp$(E-Mail Removed)...