Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard Drive test

Hard Drive test

SJ

Hi I got this 20gb quantum fireball drive that I tried to format with
win2k but it kept failing around the 40% mark, I then downloaded max
blast from quantum's web site and that formatted ok partioned ok, but
now I am a bit weary of trusting the drive, so is there any decent
free software that can thoroughly test the drive.

thanks

Steve

Toolman Tim

"SJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi I got this 20gb quantum fireball drive that I tried to format with
| win2k but it kept failing around the 40% mark, I then downloaded max
| blast from quantum's web site and that formatted ok partioned ok, but
| now I am a bit weary of trusting the drive, so is there any decent
| free software that can thoroughly test the drive.

Yeah - MaxBlast. Read the menus...hint: probably under 'advanced'.