Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spellchecker

Spellchecker

malicet

How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
I have a brand new E machine XP home.
Thanks,
mal

Old Gringo

malicet wrote:
> How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
> I have a brand new E machine XP home.
> Thanks,
> mal

Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker. Other software
is required such as MS Word etc.
Here is just what you may need:
http://tinyurl.com/enb2

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

malicet

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_voPd.8689$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> malicet wrote:
>> How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
>> I have a brand new E machine XP home.
>> Thanks,
>> mal

> Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker. Other software is
> required such as MS Word etc.
> Here is just what you may need:
> http://tinyurl.com/enb2
> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

Thanks but I do have MS word. My spellchecker works there, just not in OE.
Is there something else I must have?
thanks, mal

Bill P

"malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
> I have a brand new E machine XP home.
> Thanks,
> mal

I assume that you have already tried the following without success.

Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.

Regards
Bill

Toolman Tim

"Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:culqk3$drh$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
| > I have a brand new E machine XP home.
| > Thanks,
| > mal
| >

| I assume that you have already tried the following without success.
|
| Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.

That won't help if there is no MS compatible spell checker installed. OE and
XP do not have their own spell checker. OE needs one from MS Word, MS Works,
or another MS program containing a spell checker, or a third party app.

Bill P

She has Word and the spellchecker works OK there.

news:_fuPd.10848$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:culqk3$drh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> | "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
> | > I have a brand new E machine XP home.
> | > Thanks,
> | > mal
> | >

> | I assume that you have already tried the following without success.
> |
> | Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.
> |
> That won't help if there is no MS compatible spell checker installed.

OE and
> XP do not have their own spell checker. OE needs one from MS Word, MS

Works,
> or another MS program containing a spell checker, or a third party

app.

Toolman Tim

Yup - sorry. Missed that post ;o)

"Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:culref$7pi$(E-Mail Removed)...
| She has Word and the spellchecker works OK there.
|
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:_fuPd.10848$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:culqk3$drh$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > |
| > | "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | >

| > | I assume that you have already tried the following without success.
| > |
| > | Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.
| > |
| > That won't help if there is no MS compatible spell checker installed.
| OE and
| > XP do not have their own spell checker. OE needs one from MS Word, MS
| Works,
| > or another MS program containing a spell checker, or a third party
| app.

Bill P

He/She ?

"Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:culref$7pi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> She has Word and the spellchecker works OK there.

> news:_fuPd.10848$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Bill P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:culqk3$drh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > |
> > | "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > | >

> > | I assume that you have already tried the following without

success.

> > | Tools/Options/Spelling/Always check spelling etc.
> > |
> > That won't help if there is no MS compatible spell checker

installed.
> OE and
> > XP do not have their own spell checker. OE needs one from MS Word,

MS
> Works,
> > or another MS program containing a spell checker, or a third party

> app.

Old Gringo

malicet wrote:
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_voPd.8689$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>>malicet wrote:
>>
>>>How do I activate my spellchecker in outlook express?
>>>I have a brand new E machine XP home.
>>>Thanks,
>>>mal

>>Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker. Other software is
>>required such as MS Word etc.
>>Here is just what you may need:
>>http://tinyurl.com/enb2
>> --
>>Old Gringo George
>>Magic Weaver Of Life
>>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

> Thanks but I do have MS word. My spellchecker works there, just not in OE.
> Is there something else I must have?
> thanks, mal

Shouldn't need anything more. Check the settings in OE as per the
post by Bill P. below

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

malicet

Hehheh - She --- thanks guys.

news:culrps$lk1$(E-Mail Removed)...

Thunderbird Spellchecker wps Firefox 1 11-26-2004 02:44 AM
1.7b spellchecker improved! Tono Firefox 9 04-06-2004 04:00 AM
Spellchecker cc Firefox 8 01-29-2004 08:21 PM
Another spellchecker question Tono Firefox 2 08-24-2003 04:14 AM
Re: Outlook Express SpellChecker and Spybot GateKeeper Computer Support 0 08-03-2003 04:33 PM

Advertisments