Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer Properties

Internet Explorer Properties

Viper

I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help block
sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All
of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
virus and firewall on all of them.

Steven

Jerry G.

IE was designed to not be blockable, as you would want to have it.

Why not use Firefox for your users browsing the net instead. It will lack
some of the interactivity, but it is very safe when it comes to looking at
sights that are not safe.

We use IE for trusted sites only, and use Firefox for general searches and
etc. With Firefox, there is very little popup problems, and there will be no
hijackings, or entries of spywares, unless the use approves of it.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Viper" <no,ones,(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help block
sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All
of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
virus and firewall on all of them.

Steven

Dot

"Viper" <no,ones,(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
> them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help
> block
> sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
> can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
> opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All
> of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
> virus and firewall on all of them.
>
> Steven

Run: gpedit.msc

Dot

"Viper" <no,ones,(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have multiple computers networked together with different people using
> them. I have the internet properties set up the way I want. ( To Help
> block
> sites that have pop up's, spam, and other junk) I was wanting to know what
> can I do to lock, block, and/or keep the internet properties from being
> opened or any thing changed on them with out a password or some thing. All
> of my systems are Windows XP home with all of the patches and Norton anti
> virus and firewall on all of them.
>
> Steven

Block all you want using Group Policy Editor.
Run: gpedit.msc