Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Logging On Problems

Logging On Problems

JF

There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on with
mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be logged
on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone Alarm
to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all sounds,
but theses are back as well.

Is there anyway to fix this.

Thanks

Toolman Tim

"JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AY1Pd.1547$(E-Mail Removed)...
| There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on
with
| mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
| problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be logged
| on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone
Alarm
| to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all sounds,
| but theses are back as well.
|
| Is there anyway to fix this.

Maybe, but I'd opt for replacing it. Rename your current account, create a
new one, and set it up the way you want it. Then transfer your data from the
old account.

JF

news:5McPd.7305$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AY1Pd.1547$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on
> with
> | mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
> | problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be

logged
> | on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone
> Alarm
> | to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all

sounds,
> | but theses are back as well.
> |
> | Is there anyway to fix this.
> |
> Maybe, but I'd opt for replacing it. Rename your current account, create a
> new one, and set it up the way you want it. Then transfer your data from

the
> old account.

Maybe??

Does that mean a risky solution or not a solution at all?

This account was the 1st setup on the computer and the other 3 followed.

Toolman Tim

"JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1UePd.1725$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:5McPd.7305$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:AY1Pd.1547$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | There are four user accounts on my pc. But I have a problem logging on
| > with
| > | mine. Once I enter my password a box appears saying that there was the
| > | problem logging me on and due to a fault in the registry I would be
| logged
| > | on with Default settings. Which is a pain, because I have to tell Zone
| > Alarm
| > | to allow access to all the programs when I use. I also disable all
| sounds,
| > | but theses are back as well.
| > |
| > | Is there anyway to fix this.
| > |
| > Maybe, but I'd opt for replacing it. Rename your current account, create
| > new one, and set it up the way you want it. Then transfer your data from
| the
| > old account.
| >
| Maybe??
|
| Does that mean a risky solution or not a solution at all?
|
| This account was the 1st setup on the computer and the other 3 followed.

"Maybe" as in it may or may not be possible. I wouldn't waste my time, but
would create a new account. And there's a "maybe" there too - it may or may
not work...the errors could perpetuate into the new account. But since
making a new account takes all of 2 minutes or less, it's the first thing
I'd try.