Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pictures in website

Pictures in website

Mira

Hello,

I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.

Thank you,
Nylarim

°Mike°

That is a stupid piece of code that does not work. All
you have to remember is that if somebody is viewing
your page, they ALREADY have the images on their
hard drive.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:29:42 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mira scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

DC

Mira wrote:
> Hello,

> I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
> account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
> that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
> homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.

You can't.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

WormWood

"Mira" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:> Hello,

> I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to
> have an account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to
> have a feature that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would
> like to do this in my homepage. How will I do that? please tell me
> what to do. I use Frontpage.
>
> Thank you,
> Nylarim

Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
someone removed them by copy-paste?

Toolman Tim

"WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Mira" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:> Hello,
| >
| > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to
| > have an account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to
| > have a feature that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would
| > like to do this in my homepage. How will I do that? please tell me
| > what to do. I use Frontpage.
| >
| > Thank you,
| > Nylarim
| >
| Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
| someone removed them by copy-paste?

Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people from
copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.

--
"Play nice now, Mira!"

Blinky the Shark

Mira wrote:
> Hello,

> I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
> account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
> that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
> homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.

Can't. They couldn't, either -- they just told you they could.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Groups)

Billh

°Mike° wrote:
> That is a stupid piece of code that does not work. All
> you have to remember is that if somebody is viewing
> your page, they ALREADY have the images on their
> hard drive.
>

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:29:42 -0600, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mira scrawled:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
>>account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
>>that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
>>homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Nylarim

I bet you Big Squidger's girl friend would never figure out how to get
at them.

Which is the point yes people like you and me can get them but 90% of
users can not so maybe a java script would help.

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...icle.asp?ID=41

WormWood

news9SOd.4352$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> | "Mira" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:> Hello,
> | >
> | > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used
> | > have an account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to
> | > have a feature that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I
> would
> | > like to do this in my homepage. How will I do that? please tell me
> | > what to do. I use Frontpage.
> | >
> | > Thank you,
> | > Nylarim
> | >
> | Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
> | someone removed them by copy-paste?
>
> Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
> from
> copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
>
> --
> "Play nice now, Mira!"

heh...I thought she was talking about the red 'x' (cross) seen when the
graphic isn't available, and she thought someone had ripped it off.

Toolman Tim

"WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news9SOd.4352$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > |
| > | "Mira" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:> Hello,

| > would

| > | Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
| > | someone removed them by copy-paste?
| >
| > Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
| > from
| > copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
| >
| > --
| > "Play nice now, Mira!"
| >

| heh...I thought she was talking about the red 'x' (cross) seen when the
| graphic isn't available, and she thought someone had ripped it off.

That *would* be a neat trick <g>

Mira

> Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
> from
> copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
>
> --
> "Play nice now, Mira!"

If you must know, a lot of cross stitch designs are copyrighted and some
designers expressed that they do not want the finished needlework pictures
be copied from someone's website. But nice people here replied that the
graphics are already in their hard drive once they view them, so I guess I
cannot do anything about it. I just thought that there is such a thing like
that.

Mira