Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > disconnect

disconnect

Maruta Mang

Why am I geting disconnected anytime you wish? It used to be after about 7 hours but now it is 15 minutes to 2 hours. Help please.

Aquanaut

"Maruta Mang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:NhxOd.182003$(E-Mail Removed)...
Why am I geting disconnected anytime you wish? It used to be after about 7 hours but now it is 15 minutes to 2 hours. Help please

Firstly do not post to newsgroups in html
go here for how to change
http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-74247.html
and ask/search for your answer

if you are static on a web page (even when downloading)your isp counts it as innactive surf(i take it you are on "dial up" )and disconnects you---sort of a fail safe,it wil save you phone charges should you forget to disconnect.
There was a utility called "stay connected" that pings the server to say you are active all the time,and will resolve this issue.
if not go here
http://www.annoyances.org/

watch your phone bill rocket

samuel

"Aquanaut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:KIxOd.1856$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Maruta Mang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NhxOd.182003$(E-Mail Removed)
> t... Why am I geting disconnected anytime you wish? It used
> to be after about 7 hours but now it is 15 minutes to 2
> hours. Help please
>
> Firstly do not post to newsgroups in html

snip HTML

secondly don't REPOST the html