Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > microblaze and external RAM

microblaze and external RAM

Frank

Question: when I want to use a microblaze with external SDRAM, I guess I
just have to connect an opb sdram controller to the instruction and data bus
of the microblaze?! But how is my code coming into sdram? Do I have to write
a sort of bootloader (running in block ram) that gets the program from flash
to sdram or something? Or are there other ways to handle this.

TIA,
Frank

Jaytersen

In article <3f8aa54c$0$30343$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Question: when I want to use a microblaze with external SDRAM

>But how is my code coming into sdram? Do I have to write
> a sort of bootloader
>
> TIA,
> Frank

You could hardwire a small rom component in vhdl, containing a small
program, that could get the microblaze to transfer a bigger program
between a flash module and the sram, and then jump to where ever you
want to start in the sram.

--

Jaytersen

microblaze lwip u_stadler@yahoo.de VHDL 0 09-15-2006 07:03 PM
Microblaze XPS Gpio not working with interrupts guru10 VHDL 1 08-18-2005 07:25 PM
SDRAM AND MICROBLAZE PART 2 jluisky VHDL 0 05-16-2005 10:56 PM
MICROBLAZE AND SDRAM jluisky VHDL 2 05-10-2005 06:47 PM
MicroBlaze User Peripheral with 2 interrupts Ciaran VHDL 12 02-27-2004 01:37 PM

Advertisments