Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Freeserve

Freeserve

Found this on my firewall.

% This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html

inetnum: 82.157.0.0 - 82.157.255.255
netname: WANADOO-CABLE
descr: Wanadoo Nederland
descr: Muiderstraat 1
descr: 1011 PZ Amsterdam
country: NL
admin-c: EIAR1-RIPE
tech-c: EIAR1-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
notify: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
mnt-by: EURONET-MNT
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20031123
source: RIPE

route: 82.156.0.0/15
descr: Wanadoo Nederland
origin: AS5390
mnt-by: EURONET-MNT
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20031119
source: RIPE

role: EuroNet Internet Administrative Role Account
address: Wanadoo Nederland BV (formerly EuroNet Internet BV)
address: COD / IKC / Network
address: Muiderstraat 1
address: 1011 PZ Amsterdam
address: The Netherlands
phone: +31 20 535 5555
fax-no: +31 20 535 5400
e-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
admin-c: AW2096-RIPE
tech-c: BL78
tech-c: PC2773-RIPE
tech-c: FB1141-RIPE
tech-c: EI89-RIPE
nic-hdl: EIAR1-RIPE
remarks: In case of abuse issues:
remarks: - For WANADOO-CABLE blocks please contact (E-Mail Removed)
remarks: - For other blocks contact (E-Mail Removed) or
(E-Mail Removed)
mnt-by: EURONET-MNT
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20011101
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20030109
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20030902
changed: (E-Mail Removed) 20040116
source: RIPE

Jimbob

C wrote:
> Found this on my firewall.

>snip<

Good for you.

Vanguard

"C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NytOd.73631$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Found this on my firewall.
>
> % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
> % The objects are in RPSL format.

<snip - domain registration info for non-described attack>

Did you actually have a question?

You found WHAT on your firewall? The domain registration that YOU
retrieved was not on your firewall. Firewalls don't do get attacked by
domain registrars. You'll probably find a more focused community
regarding firewalls in the comp.security.firewall newsgroup, but you
will have to describe WHAT it was "on your firewall".

Blinky the Shark

Vanguard wrote:
> "C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NytOd.73631$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> Found this on my firewall.

>> % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
>> % The objects are in RPSL format.

><snip - domain registration info for non-described attack>

> Did you actually have a question?

> You found WHAT on your firewall? The domain registration that YOU
> retrieved was not on your firewall. Firewalls don't do get attacked by
> domain registrars. You'll probably find a more focused community

ATTACK OF THE KILLER REGISTRARS FROM HELL

They Know What Domains You Bought Last Summer

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Groups)

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Vanguard wrote:
>> "C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:NytOd.73631$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>> Found this on my firewall.

>>> % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
>>> % The objects are in RPSL format.

>><snip - domain registration info for non-described attack>

>> Did you actually have a question?

>> You found WHAT on your firewall? The domain registration that YOU
>> retrieved was not on your firewall. Firewalls don't do get attacked by
>> domain registrars. You'll probably find a more focused community

> ATTACK OF THE KILLER REGISTRARS FROM HELL
>
> They Know What Domains You Bought Last Summer
>

> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>
> Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
> Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Group

What does that mean?

Blinky the Shark

C wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

>> Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
>> Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Group

> What does that mean?

That I'm killing posts from Google Groups.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Groups)

Vanguard

"C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6wPOd.39974$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Vanguard wrote:
>>> Firewalls don't do get attacked by domain registrars.

>> ATTACK OF THE KILLER REGISTRARS FROM HELL
>>
>> They Know What Domains You Bought Last Summer

> What does that mean?

It's referential humor. If you haven't seen Scary Movie, Attack of the
Killer Tomatoes, Dial M for Murder, or Monty Python's vicious "Keep
Left" signs then you probably won't get it.

The attack is led by the IP address registrars - the four horseman of
ARIN, RIPE, LACNIC, and APNIC - linked together by their chains of IP
address to mow down your defensive army. Following them is the army of
IP name registrars to trample you underfoot while taking away your guns,
er, domains that you registered with them. And lastly comes the final
trample of webhosting providers of courtesy domains that remove your
name tag and make it theirs. For any survivors left behind after the
attacks come the wandering phishers promising to give you an
independent, permanently unique, and lifetime IP address or IP name for
only a one-time charge of $19.95 but you need to use an unrestricted
credit card (although some will also take your your username and
password for your online banking, too).