Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question about making a DVD movie!

Question about making a DVD movie!

Sseadoubleyou

Hey-

I have a bunch of DV videos at 720X480 resolution from my DV camcorder that
I imported into my pc. The movies are of different things, basically I shot
3 different scenes. Each of the 3 scenes are "clipped" in shorter scenes
for easy downloading from the web. So for instance I have one scene at an
amusement park but I created 3 smaller clips of the movie/scene, basically
dividing it into 3 parts for easy downloading but the resolution was still
kept at it's original (720X480). Now I'm getting ready to make a DVD movie
of all 3 scenes that I shot but I need to bring the clips back together in
movie maker first so I can bring each of the 3 movies I shot back together
as 1 whole movie again, so in other words once I'm done I will have once
again 3 complete movies. I'm trying to find out which setting I would want
to select in the "move settings" when I'm ready to save the movie from movie
maker back to my harddrive.

Under "other settings" would I want to select "DV-AVI (NTSC) 720X480, "high
quality video (NTSC) 720X480, "video for local playback (2.1 Mbps NTSC)
720x480 OR "video for local playback (1.5Mbps NTSC) 720X480? Since the
original quality is 720X480 I know I would want to obviously stick with that
resolution but which of the 4 do I want? (since they all have the same
resolution.

I'm assuming I don't want "for local playback" since the idea is using these
videos to burn to DVD to play on my home DVD player, correct? In that case
would I want to choose from either of the first two I mentioned and if so,
which one?

I hope I haven't confused anyone, hopefully someone will understand what I'm
asking here

Thanks.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Sseadoubleyou wrote:

> Hey-
>
> I have a bunch of DV videos at 720X480 resolution from my DV camcorder that
> I imported into my pc. The movies are of different things, basically I shot
> 3 different scenes. Each of the 3 scenes are "clipped" in shorter scenes
> for easy downloading from the web. So for instance I have one scene at an
> amusement park but I created 3 smaller clips of the movie/scene, basically
> dividing it into 3 parts for easy downloading but the resolution was still
> kept at it's original (720X480). Now I'm getting ready to make a DVD movie
> of all 3 scenes that I shot but I need to bring the clips back together in
> movie maker first so I can bring each of the 3 movies I shot back together
> as 1 whole movie again, so in other words once I'm done I will have once
> again 3 complete movies. I'm trying to find out which setting I would want
> to select in the "move settings" when I'm ready to save the movie from movie
> maker back to my harddrive.
>
> Under "other settings" would I want to select "DV-AVI (NTSC) 720X480, "high
> quality video (NTSC) 720X480, "video for local playback (2.1 Mbps NTSC)
> 720x480 OR "video for local playback (1.5Mbps NTSC) 720X480? Since the
> original quality is 720X480 I know I would want to obviously stick with that
> resolution but which of the 4 do I want? (since they all have the same
> resolution.
>
> I'm assuming I don't want "for local playback" since the idea is using these
> videos to burn to DVD to play on my home DVD player, correct? In that case
> would I want to choose from either of the first two I mentioned and if so,
> which one?
>
> I hope I haven't confused anyone, hopefully someone will understand what I'm
> asking here
>
> Thanks.

For higher quality go for the first setting. If the results won't fit on
the disk, go with the second.

Sseadoubleyou

Thanks, actually the first setting was what I thought I should do, but
wasn't sure.

Thanks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sseadoubleyou wrote:
>
>> Hey-
>>
>> I have a bunch of DV videos at 720X480 resolution from my DV camcorder
>> that I imported into my pc. The movies are of different things,
>> basically I shot 3 different scenes. Each of the 3 scenes are "clipped"
>> in shorter scenes for easy downloading from the web. So for instance I
>> have one scene at an amusement park but I created 3 smaller clips of the
>> movie/scene, basically dividing it into 3 parts for easy downloading but
>> the resolution was still kept at it's original (720X480). Now I'm
>> getting ready to make a DVD movie of all 3 scenes that I shot but I need
>> to bring the clips back together in movie maker first so I can bring each
>> of the 3 movies I shot back together as 1 whole movie again, so in other
>> words once I'm done I will have once again 3 complete movies. I'm trying
>> to find out which setting I would want to select in the "move settings"
>> when I'm ready to save the movie from movie maker back to my harddrive.
>>
>> Under "other settings" would I want to select "DV-AVI (NTSC) 720X480,
>> "high quality video (NTSC) 720X480, "video for local playback (2.1 Mbps
>> NTSC) 720x480 OR "video for local playback (1.5Mbps NTSC) 720X480? Since
>> the original quality is 720X480 I know I would want to obviously stick
>> with that resolution but which of the 4 do I want? (since they all have
>> the same resolution.
>>
>> I'm assuming I don't want "for local playback" since the idea is using
>> these videos to burn to DVD to play on my home DVD player, correct? In
>> that case would I want to choose from either of the first two I mentioned
>> and if so, which one?
>>
>> I hope I haven't confused anyone, hopefully someone will understand what
>> I'm asking here
>>
>> Thanks.

> For higher quality go for the first setting. If the results won't fit on
> the disk, go with the second.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

You're welcome.