Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > runner file error

runner file error

baglady

when I start the computer I see a message which says...

runner error.
runner file name (logitech desktop messenger.exe) lacks a `-' (the app id
separator)

What do I do to correct the error? I know nothing about runner errors.
Thanks.

°Mike°

Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Spyware Blaster

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
Now maintained by InterMute
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:58:51 -0000, in
<4209d06b$(E-Mail Removed)>
baglady scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

kumyanski kumyanski is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baglady
when I start the computer I see a message which says...

runner error.
runner file name (logitech desktop messenger.exe) lacks a `-' (the app id
separator)

What do I do to correct the error? I know nothing about runner errors.
Thanks.

please send the solution fast for this problem

kumyanski kumyanski is offline
Junior Member

please send solution for this problem

edskine edskine is offline
Junior Member

Having tried all of the downloads that where suggested (tools) to remove these errors i am still left with the problem! Does someone know how to remove these errors?

Ringer Ringer is offline
Junior Member

I used Spybot to remove all BackWeb Lite then got this problem - recovered all BackWeb Lite and the problem is gone. No idea which of the dozens was responsible