Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cdrw drive

cdrw drive

Robert Harkness

while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
rebooted PC but still nothing

---

Ingeborg

"Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:s38Od.656
$(E-Mail Removed):

> while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
> start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
> computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
> rebooted PC but still nothing

Poweroff the system for several minutes (pull out the plug) and retry. When
it's still dead check the cables.

Kenny

Try deleting it from Device Manager and re-booting, Windows will find it and
reload the drivers for it.

--

Kenny Cargill

"Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s38Od.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
> while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
> start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
> computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
> rebooted PC but still nothing
>

> ---

Toolman Tim

"Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s38Od.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
| while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
| start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
| computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
| rebooted PC but still nothing

And your computer is?
And your operating system is?
And the software you are burning CDs with is?

Robert Harkness

emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
news:O7cOd.18767$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:s38Od.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive

won't
> | start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
> | computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
> | rebooted PC but still nothing
> |
> And your computer is?
> And your operating system is?
> And the software you are burning CDs with is?

---

Toolman Tim

I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or a
name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the computer?

"Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CWQOd.35$(E-Mail Removed)...
| emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:O7cOd.18767$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >
| > "Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:s38Od.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive
| won't
| > | start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly,
my
| > | computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
| > | rebooted PC but still nothing
| > |
| > And your computer is?
| > And your operating system is?
| > And the software you are burning CDs with is?
| >

| ---

Robert Harkness

sorry only sku #: 418343
the pc is about 3 yrs old

news:U2SOd.4351$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or a
> name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the computer?
>
> "Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CWQOd.35$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
> | "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:O7cOd.18767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | >
> | > "Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | > news:s38Od.656$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | won't
> my

I've
> | > |
> | > And your computer is?
> | > And your operating system is?
> | > And the software you are burning CDs with is?
> | >

> | ---

---

Toolman Tim

Well, that didn't help much either. I was hoping to find out more specs on
the CDRW drive, to find out there are any firmware updates available. Their
website is rather short on information though...

If you can find out more about what model the CDRW drive is, maybe the
manufacturer's site has more info.

"Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:H7SOd.2032$(E-Mail Removed)...
| sorry only sku #: 418343
| the pc is about 3 yrs old
|
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:U2SOd.4351$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or
| > name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the
computer?

| > "Robert Harkness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:CWQOd.35$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know
model
| > | "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | news:O7cOd.18767$(E-Mail Removed)...

| > | won't
| > my
| I've