Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > e-trust e-z anti virus

e-trust e-z anti virus

Barry

Anyone had problems with the automatic download of e-z anti virus?

I've had no contact for the last 2 days.

Barry

The Old Sourdough

On 08 Feb 2005, Barry scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Anyone had problems with the automatic download of e-z anti virus?
>
> I've had no contact for the last 2 days.
>
> Barry

Their server is up now. Just got the latest update.

--
The Old Sourdough
You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-

Vanguard

"The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
news:Xns95F7708A1E4E2dontbothertoreplyall@192.168. 1.5...
> On 08 Feb 2005, Barry scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Anyone had problems with the automatic download of e-z anti virus?
>>
>> I've had no contact for the last 2 days.

> Their server is up now. Just got the latest update.

Geez. You'd think they would provide redundancy and load-balancing by
provide a worldwide distributed server *farm* rather than just one
server host or single entry point boundary host.

According to my Autodownload log, I've had updates on the following days
for this month:

2005-02-08 (today) at 09:59
2005-02-07 (yesterday) at 03:35
2005-02-04 at 03:50
2005-02-03 at 09:50
2005-02-02 at 02:57
(end of log)

I have Autodownload checking every 6 hours. So there was a 3-day gap
(for me) but there was one yesterday morn and then again today which
occurred as soon as I took the computer out of standby (networking is
disabled in standby mode). I suppose it is possible that CA knew of no
new viruses in that 3-day gap (rolls eyes).

Barry

Thanks for the replies

Barry

news:R%4Od.63384$(E-Mail Removed).. .