Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AOL - Firewall problems

AOL - Firewall problems

Alan

Friend of mine has bought a new PC with WinXP on it.
She accesses the internet via AOL, but now it won't connect up. Saying that
AOL has detected a firewall.

The helpline has told her she needs spyware removal tools.

I think she needs to alter the settings in the firewall program (the generic
one with WinXP).

But how does she do it?
Thanks

The Black Laced One

Alan wrote:
> Friend of mine has bought a new PC with WinXP on it.
> She accesses the internet via AOL, but now it won't connect up.
> Saying that AOL has detected a firewall.
>
> The helpline has told her she needs spyware removal tools.
>
> I think she needs to alter the settings in the firewall program (the
> generic one with WinXP).
>
> But how does she do it?
> Thanks

In XP go to start, settings, control panel. Click on "security center".
She can change things in there.
Your friend should really consider dropping AOL and going with a provider
that doesn't limit the use of firewalls.
AOL may provide her with one, but their expertise is in advertising, not
in internet access, and definitely not in firewalls.
Just my opinion.
PJ