Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > smileys

smileys

Joyce Danielson

From: "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Re: Best Anti-Virus
Date: Monday, February 07, 2005 1:04 PM

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 23:36:45 +0000 (UTC), in
<cu69md$p8d$(E-Mail Removed)>
MikeW scrawled:

<snip>

>I think there has been a slight misunderstanding here, perhaps its the
>way I phrased my question. The shutdown/switch user problems have only
>started since I *installed* the new version of Kaspersky. However, I
>will now follow up the links you gave me, and let you know the result. I
>will also keep an eye open on this NG in case you respond to what I have
>just typed here.
>
> Thank you very much for all your help, there are lots of people on this
>NG who really do appreciate the help you provide.
>MikeW

I think the misunderstanding was mine -- I have just re-read your
original question.

Where are you up to now?

Have you received a reply from Kaspersky Labs?

Have you tried the shutdown troubleshooter?

How about temporarily uninstalling KAV, to see if
the problems disappear with it not installed?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance