Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > traditional chinese viewing in WinXp

traditional chinese viewing in WinXp

puffy

I have already installed the necessary language packs and can view
chinese on my web browser without a hitch.

But for some reason, the chinese characters on my windows (ie: file
names, winamp etc.) are all jumbled! I have already selected big5
language settings for winamp but to no avail.

How can I fix this? Before I formatted, I was able to view the
characters in windows, but afterwards I cannot. I didn't have to
install a 3rd party viewer either.

any suggestions?

thanks!