Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > beginner - exisit some free schematics programmer for fpga ?

beginner - exisit some free schematics programmer for fpga ?

Plenolo

Hi all i am new in the group, i am a italian student of computer science and
i have hobbies for electronics, too... so i have using PIC, St6/7
microcontroller, etc.. now my dream is develop some circuit with fpga (or
similar) and VHLD language. I have just a bit studing (only teorically) VHDL
in my university, but now i would REALLY program some chip for develop some
simple and medium project.
I have not money (and i don't want ) to buy some original developing
system, so i would home build some free "programmer" (in-circuit JTAG ???)
how i have do in pass for PIC / St6/7 programmers

Thank you very much to all friends, and sorry for my very bad and poor
english language

bye

David

Martin Thompson

"Plenolo" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hi all i am new in the group, i am a italian student of computer science and
> i have hobbies for electronics, too... so i have using PIC, St6/7
> microcontroller, etc.. now my dream is develop some circuit with fpga (or
> similar) and VHLD language. I have just a bit studing (only teorically) VHDL
> in my university, but now i would REALLY program some chip for develop some
> simple and medium project.
> I have not money (and i don't want ) to buy some original developing
> system, so i would home build some free "programmer" (in-circuit JTAG ???)
> how i have do in pass for PIC / St6/7 programmers

You'd be better off on comp.arch.fpga, for the actual hardware
questions - I've crossposted to there and set the followups to go
there also.

Regarding programming hardware, Altera have the Byteblaster schematics
downloadable from their site, in the Byteblaster datasheet. I can;t
recall if Xilinx have similar.

> Thank you very much to all friends, and sorry for my very bad and poor
> english language

It's better than my Italian!

Cheers,
Martin