Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to access bios

how to access bios

Puzzled

I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
to the bios screen. Thanks.

william

when booting you're pc press del

"Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
>way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
>to the bios screen. Thanks.

someone

"Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
> way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
> to the bios screen. Thanks.

Accessing the BIOS depends on the computer mfg (motherboard).
Check the manual or the website for the desktop/laptop.

Depending on the computer it could be "del", "F1", "F2", "F10".

someone2

~上IZARD才

"william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cu5i5m$un8$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> when booting you're pc press del
>
> "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
>>way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
>>to the bios screen. Thanks.

On mine you hit the F10 key when booting

Toolman Tim

"Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
| way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
| to the bios screen. Thanks.

That would depend on the computer. But you didn't provide much info. It
could be the F1, F2, F10, Del key, it could be ctrl-s, ctrl-esc, or a dozen
other combinations. On one system I've worked on recently it was the tab key
to display the POST screen, which then allowed access to the CMOS setup.

Either post back here with the make/model of the computer or motherboard, or
keep banging away at that keyboard.

tutsi

at boot up press DELETE when promt to enter bios

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:59:49 GMT, "~上IZARD才" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:cu5i5m$un8$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
>> when booting you're pc press del
>>
>> "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
>>>way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to get
>>>to the bios screen. Thanks.
>>>

>On mine you hit the F10 key when booting

Toolman Tim

Why are you telling ~上IZARD才 this? (Please highlight the ORIGINAL post
before replying.)

"tutsi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| at boot up press DELETE when promt to enter bios
|

| On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:59:49 GMT, "~上IZARD才" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| wrote:
|

| >"william" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >news:cu5i5m$un8$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
| >> when booting you're pc press del
| >>
| >> "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
| >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >>>

| >On mine you hit the F10 key when booting

Puzzled

news:s9sNd.31072$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> |I want the boot sequence to be cd:a:c but it doesn't seem to be set that
> | way. I am using Windows XP with SP2. Can someone please tell me how to
> get
> | to the bios screen. Thanks.
> |
> That would depend on the computer. But you didn't provide much info. It
> could be the F1, F2, F10, Del key, it could be ctrl-s, ctrl-esc, or a
> dozen
> other combinations. On one system I've worked on recently it was the tab
> key
> to display the POST screen, which then allowed access to the CMOS setup.
>
> Either post back here with the make/model of the computer or motherboard,
> or
> keep banging away at that keyboard.

The computer is a Compaq Presario 1805-S254 desktop. Thanks.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

Subject: Can't get to Bios
Date: 4 Feb 2005 15:42:05 -0800

--
http://tinyurl.com/3mdhu

Toolman Tim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 14:08:35 -0500, "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| wrote:
|
||> The computer is a Compaq Presario 1805-S254 desktop.
|

| Subject: Can't get to Bios
| Date: 4 Feb 2005 15:42:05 -0800

If that doesn't work, maybe this will help:
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com

Most definitive reply to that post was this:
news:420480f5$0$58220$(E-Mail Removed)

So, it seems to be the F10 right after the cursor moves from the left top of
the screen to the right top, or the del key.