Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > saving gif files

saving gif files

joevan

I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that was
available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email function and
emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other pages I was able to
save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
way. FWIW

░Mike░

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
joevan scrawled:

>I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that was
>available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email function and
>emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other pages I was able to
>save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
>Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
>way. FWIW

Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

--
Basic computer maintenance

joevan

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:55:01 +0000, ┬░Mike┬░ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> joevan scrawled:
>
>>I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that was
>>available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email function and
>>emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other pages I was able to
>>save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
>>Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
>>way. FWIW

>Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages allowed
for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that I could save
this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the gif

http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index....ic=79011&st=0&

the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin with a
cape. If you do let me know.

░Mike░

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:03:01 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
joevan scrawled:

<snip>

>Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages allowed
>for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that I could save
>this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
>I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the gif
>
>http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index....ic=79011&st=0&
>
>the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin with a
>cape. If you do let me know.

What browser are you running? I had no problem saving it
as a .gif file, both IE and Mozilla Firefox.

--
Basic computer maintenance

samuel

joevan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:55:01 +0000, ┬░Mike┬░
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> joevan scrawled:
>>
>>>I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that
>>>was available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email
>>>function and emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other
>>>pages I was able to save as gif from a gif. I guess some
>>>pages have a block or something? Anyway it is one way of
>>>saving a gif file if it won't work the other way. FWIW

>>Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

> Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages
> allowed for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that
> I could save this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
> I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the
> gif
>
> http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index....cdf3794fe91a26
> 164b61e0217&showtopic=79011&st=0&
>
> the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin
> with a cape. If you do let me know.

saves fine as supertux.gif on my hard drive

Steve P

I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared cache/history!
Using IE6

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:55:01 +0000, ░Mike░ <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:26:03 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> joevan scrawled:
>>
>>>I was on a web page and tried to save a gif file. All that was
>>>available was to save it as bmp. I then used the email function and
>>>emailed it to myself and it worked fine. Other pages I was able to
>>>save as gif from a gif. I guess some pages have a block or something?
>>>Anyway it is one way of saving a gif file if it won't work the other
>>>way. FWIW

>>Your temporary internet files need clearing out, that's all.

> Not so, they were cleaned out first, and as I said other pages allowed
> for saving gif files, but I found it interesting that I could save
> this particular gif by emailing it to myself.
> I am curious to see if anyone else can save directly from the gif
>
> http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index....ic=79011&st=0&
>
> the gif is just a bit down the page and is of a flying penquin with a
> cape. If you do let me know.

samuel

"Steve P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cu39b2$n9p$(E-Mail Removed):

> I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared
> cache/history! Using IE6

quick google
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

more
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...f+bmp&btnG=Goo
gle+Search

Bri.

In news:cu39b2$n9p$(E-Mail Removed),
Steve P typed...

> I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared
> cache/history! Using IE6

Same here.
Though I can save all the other pics on that page as ".gif."

--
Bri.

Steve P

Makes no difference following the instructions below

"samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Steve P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:cu39b2$n9p$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I also only get the option to save as BMP and I have cleared
>> cache/history! Using IE6

> quick google
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978
>
> more