Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Opening Website from email link

Opening Website from email link

Lenny

Hi,

When I click on a web address which has been included in a received email,
it won't open up Internet Explorer automatically. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jayne Beaumont

Click Start - Run - then type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and hit enter.

This has worked for me before.

JB

"Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4204c87b$0$19154$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> When I click on a web address which has been included in a received email,
> it won't open up Internet Explorer automatically. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Jayne Beaumont

Try the following:

1- Close all programs that are running.
2- Click Start, and then click Run.
3- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
4- When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message,
click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of
the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
names below):

Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

JB

"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aP3Nd.8010$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Click Start - Run - then type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and hit enter.
>
> This has worked for me before.
>
> JB
>
> "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4204c87b$0$19154$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I click on a web address which has been included in a received
>> email, it won't open up Internet Explorer automatically. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks

°Mike°

It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:30:14 GMT, in
<GT3Nd.8017$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jayne Beaumont scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jayne Beaumont

Well excuse me! That's the last time I try to be helpful!!

JB

> It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>

> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:30:14 GMT, in
> <GT3Nd.8017$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Jayne Beaumont scrawled:
>
>>Try the following:
>>
>>1- Close all programs that are running.
>>2- Click Start, and then click Run.
>>3- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
>>4- When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded"
>>message,
>>click OK.
>>
>>If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of
>>the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
>>names below):
>>
>>Shdocvw.dll
>>Msjava.dll
>>Actxprxy.dll
>>Oleaut32.dll
>>Mshtml.dll
>>Browseui.dll
>>Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
>>

>>JB
>>

>>"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:aP3Nd.8010$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>>> Click Start - Run - then type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and hit enter.
>>>
>>> This has worked for me before.
>>>
>>> JB
>>>
>>> "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:4204c87b$0$19154$(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

Relax, Jayne! It's often more than polite - it's informative. There are
usually links to more information, warnings, etc. Your help is quite
welcome - °Mike° was just pointing out a helpful tip. In fact, I'll often
quote °Mike° or dadiOH or someone else's post from this newsgroup, and as a
matter of courtesy I include the source.

As an aside, I think some of MS's web pages are hard to understand - and
providing a 'step by step' like you did is a welcome change of format ;o)

"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1g5Nd.8098$(E-Mail Removed) k...
| Well excuse me! That's the last time I try to be helpful!!
|
| JB
|

| "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
| >

| > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:30:14 GMT, in
| > <GT3Nd.8017$(E-Mail Removed)>
| > Jayne Beaumont scrawled:
| >
| >>Try the following:
| >>
| >>1- Close all programs that are running.
| >>2- Click Start, and then click Run.
| >>3- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
| >>4- When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded"
| >>message,
| >>click OK.
| >>
| >>If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each
of
| >>the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
| >>names below):
| >>
| >>Shdocvw.dll
| >>Msjava.dll
| >>Actxprxy.dll
| >>Oleaut32.dll
| >>Mshtml.dll
| >>Browseui.dll
| >>Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
| >>

| >>JB
| >>

| >>"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >>news:aP3Nd.8010$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...

| > --
| > Basic computer maintenance
| > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

°Mike°

Why get your knickers in a twist? Why so defensive?
I was merely trying to help you, before somebody
came along and accused you of plagiarism.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 15:04:29 GMT, in
<1g5Nd.8098$(E-Mail Removed)>
Jayne Beaumont scrawled:

>Well excuse me! That's the last time I try to be helpful!!
>
>JB

>> It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Lenny

Jayne,

Thanks a lot. Don't stop being helpful. Idiots like me need you!!

Lenny

"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1g5Nd.8098$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Well excuse me! That's the last time I try to be helpful!!
>
> JB

>> It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>>

>> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:30:14 GMT, in
>> <GT3Nd.8017$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Jayne Beaumont scrawled:
>>
>>>Try the following:
>>>
>>>1- Close all programs that are running.
>>>2- Click Start, and then click Run.
>>>3- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
>>>4- When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded"
>>>message,
>>>click OK.
>>>
>>>If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each
>>>of
>>>the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
>>>names below):
>>>
>>>Shdocvw.dll
>>>Msjava.dll
>>>Actxprxy.dll
>>>Oleaut32.dll
>>>Mshtml.dll
>>>Browseui.dll
>>>Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
>>>

>>>JB
>>>

>>>"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:aP3Nd.8010$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Virginia Incrassata Elongatum

Jayne Beaumont, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the ungainly,
dim-sighted elephant, and ambergris cutter, orated:

> Well excuse me!

Why? Did you do a fanny fart?

> That's the last time I try to be helpful!!

"Trying to be helpful" is no excuse for plagiarism.

PS: Do you suck cock? Do you swallow?