Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet explorer from the task bar

Internet explorer from the task bar

vaghadia

Hi all

wondering if there was a way of accessing I.E from the task bar, with out
going to start > selecting I.E. Is there a way of typing in the IP address
first, if there is please can someone show me. This would help me cut time
out when i am searching the internet, many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Kishan

jda^fx

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:56:18 +0000 (UTC), "vaghadia"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>wondering if there was a way of accessing I.E from the task bar, with out
>going to start > selecting I.E. Is there a way of typing in the IP address
>first, if there is please can someone show me. This would help me cut time
>out when i am searching the internet, many thanks in advance.
>
>Kind regards
>
>Kishan

You can go to Start -> Run (or press the Windows-key and R at the same
time) and type the address. As for the toolbar, Rightclick on the
toolbar, select toolbars, and then Quicklaunc toolbar. Then it should
bethere

jda^fx

°Mike°

Just place a shortcut to IE in the QuickLaunch bar.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:56:18 +0000 (UTC), in
<cu2c92$dt8$(E-Mail Removed)>
vaghadia scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Vanguard

"vaghadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cu2c92$dt8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> wondering if there was a way of accessing I.E from the task bar, with
> out
> going to start > selecting I.E. Is there a way of typing in the IP
> address
> first, if there is please can someone show me. This would help me cut
> time
> out when i am searching the internet, many thanks in advance.

Right-click on the taskbar, Toolbars, enable the Address toolbar. Now
you'll have an input field where you can enter a drive or path to open
Explorer or a URL to open Internet Explorer.

dadiOH

vaghadia wrote:
> Hi all
>
> wondering if there was a way of accessing I.E from the task bar, with
> out going to start > selecting I.E. Is there a way of typing in the
> IP address first, if there is please can someone show me. This would
> help me cut time out when i am searching the internet, many thanks in
> advance.

From where do you search? No matter, save a shortcut to the site on
your desktop and click it to open IE and have it load the page.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

gangle

"°Mike°" wrote
> Just place a shortcut to IE in the QuickLaunch bar.

No. I refuse. Go **** yourself, you crab-ridden limey.

°Mike°

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:23:30 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
gangle scrawled:

>"°Mike°" wrote
>> Just place a shortcut to IE in the QuickLaunch bar.

>No. I refuse. Go **** yourself, you crab-ridden limey.

You're only jealous because you don't have the collection
that I do.
http://www.dvz.be/Crabs/Images/Crabs.gif

gangle

"°Mike°" wrote
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:23:30 -0800, in
> gangle scrawled:
>
> >"°Mike°" wrote
> >> Just place a shortcut to IE in the QuickLaunch bar.

> >No. I refuse. Go **** yourself, you crab-ridden limey.

> You're only jealous because you don't have the collection
> that I do.
> http://www.dvz.be/Crabs/Images/Crabs.gif

The one on the bottom right corner eight is damn sexy!

vaghadia

who is gangle, and why are you so rude, i am polite and just wanted to know
a simple feature for my desktop. A few peole helped me out and i apprieate
that. why oh why oh why.

Kishan
"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "°Mike°" wrote
> > On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:23:30 -0800, in
> > gangle scrawled:
> >
> > >"°Mike°" wrote
> > >
> > >No. I refuse. Go **** yourself, you crab-ridden limey.

> > You're only jealous because you don't have the collection
> > that I do.
> > http://www.dvz.be/Crabs/Images/Crabs.gif

> The one on the bottom right corner eight is damn sexy!

Scrote

vaghadia wrote:
>> who is gangle, and why are you so rude, i am polite and just wanted
>> to know a simple feature for my desktop. A few peole helped me out
>> and i apprieate that. why oh why oh why.

Gangle is a glurd.
Its what he does.
He was not talking to you, he was talking to "a crab-ridden limey," late
of this parish. This is known as humour. Look up gangles "well known"
corollary.
HTH
HAND
--
In my sentences I go where no man has gone before...I am a boon to the
English language. -- George W. Bush