Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost HTML Document Icons

Reply
Thread Tools

Lost HTML Document Icons

 
 
Eileen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2005
My default HTML document icons have changed, I tried to get the default
icons back by going to:
Control Panel>Folder Options>file Types>HTML Documents>Advanced>change Icon,
but when I click the "Change Icon" button I get this message: "Windows
cannot find the file%1."
Any help would be appreciated


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2005
Then use the 'Browse' button to go to:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe

Choose iexplore.exe and highlight the blue 'E' default icon.


On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 04:28:36 GMT, in
<UXXMd.5728$(E-Mail Removed)>
Eileen scrawled:

>My default HTML document icons have changed, I tried to get the default
>icons back by going to:
>Control Panel>Folder Options>file Types>HTML Documents>Advanced>change Icon,
>but when I click the "Change Icon" button I get this message: "Windows
>cannot find the file%1."
>Any help would be appreciated
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eileen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2005
Thank you, I have it fixed now!

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Then use the 'Browse' button to go to:
> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
>
> Choose iexplore.exe and highlight the blue 'E' default icon.
>
>
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 04:28:36 GMT, in
> <UXXMd.5728$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Eileen scrawled:
>
> >My default HTML document icons have changed, I tried to get the default
> >icons back by going to:
> >Control Panel>Folder Options>file Types>HTML Documents>Advanced>change

Icon,
> >but when I click the "Change Icon" button I get this message: "Windows
> >cannot find the file%1."
> >Any help would be appreciated
> >

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eileen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2005
Oh Oh! I spoke too soon I did a reboot of my computer and they changed again
and I can't get the default to work.
I need more help!
"Eileen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9n4Nd.7037$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you, I have it fixed now!
>
> "°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Then use the 'Browse' button to go to:
> > C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
> >
> > Choose iexplore.exe and highlight the blue 'E' default icon.
> >
> >
> > On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 04:28:36 GMT, in
> > <UXXMd.5728$(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Eileen scrawled:
> >
> > >My default HTML document icons have changed, I tried to get the default
> > >icons back by going to:
> > >Control Panel>Folder Options>file Types>HTML Documents>Advanced>change

> Icon,
> > >but when I click the "Change Icon" button I get this message: "Windows
> > >cannot find the file%1."
> > >Any help would be appreciated
> > >

> >
> > --
> > Basic computer maintenance
> > http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2005
Try a repair of Internet Explorer.

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378


On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 15:07:14 GMT, in
<Ci5Nd.7214$(E-Mail Removed)>
Eileen scrawled:

>Oh Oh! I spoke too soon I did a reboot of my computer and they changed again
>and I can't get the default to work.
>I need more help!


<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
show desktop icons missing under arrange icons by JoAnna Windows 64bit 15 03-10-2009 08:23 AM
Sometimes Explorer vanishes along with the icons, but the icons come back Desdemona@Verona.com Computer Support 1 12-06-2007 03:17 AM
JTree and those small Icons ahead folder, file etc icons. Richie Williams Java 5 10-25-2007 05:01 PM
HTML icons lost their picture jonny Computer Information 0 10-14-2006 08:28 AM
A HTML document can be converted to XHTML document. mike Java 2 01-14-2005 06:00 AM



Advertisments