Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > COLLEGE DEGREE - HELP!!

COLLEGE DEGREE - HELP!!

Mukie

If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

SgtMinor

Mukie wrote:

> If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
> in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
> any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
> and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

With a second minor (I would suggest social studies) you'll be able to
start on the day shift at McDonald's, rather than have to spend three
years working midnight like most employees.

--
"Always offer the super size option."

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on 4 Feb
2005 19:45:25 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mukie) screamed from
behind the mulberry bush:

>If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
>in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
>any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
>and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

With your degrees, you should be wondering if you are going to be
waiting tables or tending bar.

---

Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

Avengerę

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:

> It's time I stopped reacting and started acting.

Avengerę

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:

> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA!!! I posted a joke.

Jim Heckler

On 4 Feb 2005 19:45:25 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Mukie) wrote:

>If a BA students has a major --- Rest Snipped

Might want to consider a refresher class in grammar! (Or if that was
a typo, I apologize)

Ciao!

Richard

On 4 Feb 2005 19:45:25 -0800 Mukie wrote:

> If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
> in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
> any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
> and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

Actually, you should choose something extremely meaningful for a future
career.
Art history is ok if you want to be a museum employee.
But now if you choose something like the history of Chile, then maybe you've
got a good chance of really making a move up the old proverbial ladder.
Ok. Then how about Bralizian History?

Let's face it. Half the crap you learn in school you'll never use again on
the job.
Many milliionaires never made it through college.
Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame never finished high school.

Plato

Mukie wrote:

> If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
> in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
> any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
> and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

If I were to go to college these days I'd learn a trade instead of going
for the general degrees. ie I'd do engineering, nursing, or something
more marketable than communications.

Liz

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote
> Mukie wrote:
> >
> > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
> > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
> > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
> > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?

> If I were to go to college these days I'd learn a trade instead of going
> for the general degrees. ie I'd do engineering, nursing, or something
> more marketable than communications.

Government projections do show that some of the fastest growing
areas of the job market for the next eight years are ones that are
hard to send overseas: health care, education, bars and restaurants,
and government. Of the new jobs, 20.8 million are expected to be
in the service sector, compared to 770,000 in the manufacturing.
The hottest job area is expected to be health care which BLS sees
as adding 3.5 million jobs from 2002 to 2012, due to an aging population
and an increases in the number of treatable diseases. Doctors, pharmacists,
veterinarians and nurses can all look forward to good job markets.

Annual average job openings
Maintenance and repair: 44,978
Secondary school teachers: 45,761
Retail managers: 48,645
Elementary school teachers: 54,701
Truck drivers: 62,517
Sales representatives: 66,239
General managers and operations manager: 76,245
Postsecondary teachers: 95,980
Nurses: 110,119

Toolman Tim

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mXgNd.32941$(E-Mail Removed)...
| "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote
| > Mukie wrote:
| > >
| > > If a BA students has a major and minor (major in communication, minor
| > > in art history) and wants to do another minor (in history)...are there
| > > any benefits of doing a SECOND minor in terms of future career aspects
| > > and/or grad schools? or is it really not all that important?
| >
| > If I were to go to college these days I'd learn a trade instead of going
| > for the general degrees. ie I'd do engineering, nursing, or something
| > more marketable than communications.
|
| Government projections do show that some of the fastest growing
| areas of the job market for the next eight years are ones that are
| hard to send overseas: health care, education, bars and restaurants,
| and government.

awwww...c'mon: PLEASE let's send the government overseas <g>

(oh wait - no one would take them...hmmm...)

UR SCHOOL AND COLLEGE'S, PLEASE REGISTER UR SCHOOL AND COLLEGE NAME'SIN THIS SITE. "" IF U HAVE TIME THEN DO IT. PLEASE I REQUEST. """ jack Python 0 06-07-2008 06:34 AM
College degree or Certification? MCSE 57 01-17-2006 06:28 PM
GUY MACON HAS NO COLLEGE DEGREE (Guy Macon, pseudo-engineer Guy Macon) Guy Macon (Guy Macon) Digital Photography 0 02-04-2005 05:52 AM
GUY MACON has NO COLLEGE DEGREE robert.mcclenon@verizon.net Digital Photography 6 02-04-2005 03:05 AM

Advertisments