Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recovery Console

Recovery Console

Solar^

Hey Group,
I'm getting the microsoft Recovery Console on startup. Would like to
get rid of it since it's not necessary and just adds to boot up time.
I found the following line if my Boot.ini file:

C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

..Would deleting this line or at least enclosing it in brackets [ ] do
the trick?
Regards,
Solar^

Liz

"Solar^" wrote
> Hey Group,
> I'm getting the microsoft Recovery Console on startup. Would like to
> get rid of it since it's not necessary and just adds to boot up time.
> I found the following line if my Boot.ini file:
>
> C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
>
> Would deleting this line or at least enclosing it in brackets [ ] do
> the trick?

Follow the instructions on this link:

To delete the Recovery Console
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...l_console.mspx