Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Annoying error message re running scripts....please help resolve

Annoying error message re running scripts....please help resolve

Arawak

When I visit the IMBD site to look up a movie. Before the page is
loaded, I get an error message:
Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?"
I am using WinXP Pro/SP2 with the Avant Browser (IE skin).
AV program=McAfee.
Any idea how to stop this message?
TIA
Arawak

°Mike°

Tools / Internet Options / Advanced tab.
Check 'Disable script debugging'.
Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:16:29 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Arawak scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Governor Swill

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 03:16:29 -0700, Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>When I visit the IMBD site to look up a movie. Before the page is
>loaded, I get an error message:
>Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?"
>I am using WinXP Pro/SP2 with the Avant Browser (IE skin).
>AV program=McAfee.
>Any idea how to stop this message?
>TIA
>Arawak

Your security settings are set to prompt for scripting requests of
some type or another sent to your machine. This is a good thing. I'd
be worried if my machine STOPPED requesting permission to run scripts.

Swill

--
"Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

"My power is going out."

"Have all your lights gone?"

"No, just the one in the refrigerator."

www.userfriendly.org