Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Media Player Won't Remember Which Skin is Chosen

Media Player Won't Remember Which Skin is Chosen

I am running Windows Media Player 10 on XP Professional SP2. If I choose a
skin then run in skin mode Media Player ignores the chosen skin and instead
uses the Corporate skin. I have tried deleting some of the skins both from
within Media Player and directly from the Skins folder and re-downloading
them but this hasn't made any difference. There isn't a Corporate skin in
the skins folder. This only occurs with some of the skins such as 'Pharaoh'
but not others such as '9SeriesDefault'.
There isn't anything relevant on the knowledge base so I would be glad for
some suggestions.
Thanks.

°Mike°

Are the skins that you're trying to use compatible
with WMP 10?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:13:04 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
M scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Yes I beleive so because I am successfully using all of them on another PC
also running WMP10 on XP PRO SP2.
> Are the skins that you're trying to use compatible
> with WMP 10?
>

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:13:04 -0000, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> M scrawled:
>
>>I am running Windows Media Player 10 on XP Professional SP2. If I choose
>>skin then run in skin mode Media Player ignores the chosen skin and
>>instead
>>uses the Corporate skin. I have tried deleting some of the skins both
>>from
>>within Media Player and directly from the Skins folder and re-downloading
>>them but this hasn't made any difference. There isn't a Corporate skin in
>>the skins folder. This only occurs with some of the skins such as
>>'Pharaoh'
>>but not others such as '9SeriesDefault'.
>>There isn't anything relevant on the knowledge base so I would be glad for
>>some suggestions.
>>Thanks.
>>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Ok. I don't have the answer; I was just trying to
clarify that point.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:14:45 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
M scrawled:

>Yes I beleive so because I am successfully using all of them on another PC
>also running WMP10 on XP PRO SP2.

>> Are the skins that you're trying to use compatible
>> with WMP 10?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance