Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to rid about:blank

how to rid about:blank

G. Morgan

Subject: how to rid about:blank
Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
=> whtever <= wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
>virus/spyware/spybot.
>I dont know much about computers.
>I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me website
>that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
>
>However, I dont know which site is safe.
>(1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
>(2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.
>
>Thank You.

Read this thread:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=33521

Basically you'll need AboutBuster:
http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/AboutBuster.zip

And Hijack This:
http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/Hija...20Analyzer.zip

And CleanUp:
http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

G. Morgan

Subject: Re: how to rid about:blank
=> G. Morgan <= wrote:

>And Hijack This:

Correction!!!!

Hijack This is located at:

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Avengerę

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:27:59 -0800, "whtever" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
>virus/spyware/spybot.
>I dont know much about computers.
>I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me website
>that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
>
>However, I dont know which site is safe.
>(1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
>(2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.
>
>Thank You.

Fix your clock/date, you're posting from the future!!

Avengerę

Avengerę wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:27:59 -0800, "whtever" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
>> virus/spyware/spybot.
>> I dont know much about computers.
>> I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me
>> website that offers programs that get rid of this menace.
>>
>> However, I dont know which site is safe.
>> (1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
>> (2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.
>>
>> Thank You.
>>

> Fix your clock/date, you're posting from the future!!

Shut the **** up, you whining, bleating bitchtard.

Avengerę

Avengerę wrote:

> If I don't appear in 'News of the Weird,' it's been a good week.

Avengerę

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:47:20 +1100, Avengerę
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Avengerę wrote:
>
>> If I don't appear

That would be even better K, but does your Aboriginal black magic
extend that far though???

--
Avengerę
I *HATE* Spam

Liz

"whtever" wrote

> Sorry, I didnt explain clearly the problems that I faced.
>
> Okay, further to my 1st post above, this is my problems :-
>
> When I launch my internet explorer, my home page is hijacked

1. About:Blank Homepage Hijacker Removal Instructions

http://www.pchell.com/support/aboutblank.shtml

2. Right-click on your computer's clock, select Adjust Date/Time,
click your current time zone: GMT + 0800 Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, OK.

http://www.ncaa.org/time.html

Dodo

Begin by profiling your system with Autoruns and HijackThis. Post back with
the scan results.

http://spywareguy.com/

whtever

Hi,

I am using windowsME and my system is infected with some sort of
virus/spyware/spybot.
I dont know much about computers.
I know that if I do a yahoo search on about:blank, it will show me website
that offers programs that get rid of this menace.

However, I dont know which site is safe.
(1) Therefore can anyone point me to a safe website.
(2) Show me step by step, manually, ways to get rid of this menace.

Thank You.

whtever

Sorry, I didnt explain clearly the problems that I faced.

Okay, further to my 1st post above, this is my problems :-

When I launch my internet explorer, my home page is hijacked and
automatically points to about:blank and pop ups appear from time to time.

Thanks