Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Next windows version?

Next windows version?

James

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> James wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
>> update or version of windows?
>>
>> Anybody know?
>>

> Why, James? Did you send Gates a bunch of suggestions for improving the
> product and you're anxious to see if MS incorporated them? Or are you
> anxious to dig into a fresh steaming pile of crap?

I'm keen to see what additional benefits, features and services that
Microsoft can come up with. I heard the next one is going to be even more
feature packed with further security.

elaich

"James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:ctpgcr$49q$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm keen to see what additional benefits, features and services that
> Microsoft can come up with. I heard the next one is going to be even
> more feature packed with further security.

Yeah, like you won't be able to play media on your own computer without a
digital license that has to be checked by Microsoft every time you cue it
up.

Get a clue, dude. Microsoft knows jack **** about security. What they are
really good at is squeezing out the extra buck.

Longhorn was originally supposed to be released in 2003. The fact that it's
2 years late, and Microsoft has extended support for Windows 98 ought to
tell you something.

why?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 00:28:39 -0000, James wrote:

>"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:83VLd.47$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ctp5v7$rdj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> | I'm wondering when there is going to be the next
>> | update or version of windows?
>> |
>> So is Bill Gates.

>What do you mean? Are you saying they dont even know when they are planning
>a newer version??? This can't be true man.

Depends what you mean by the next version, XP 64bit is in RC1 stage just
now, and ho ho ho maybe an April/May (IIRC) release date.

Me