Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hosts file query in Win98se

Hosts file query in Win98se

Trent SC

I need to make a change in a colleague's Hosts file and he has 2 computers,
one running Win98se and one XP. I was able to find the Hosts file in XP,
but haven't located it on the 98 machine.

Could someone let me know where it is located in 98se, please?

TIA

Bri.

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Trent SC typed...

> I need to make a change in a colleague's Hosts file and he has 2
> computers, one running Win98se and one XP. I was able to find the
> Hosts file in XP, but haven't located it on the 98 machine.
>
> Could someone let me know where it is located in 98se, please?
>
> TIA

C:\Windows\HOSTS

--
Bri.

Trent SC

>> I need to make a change in a colleague's Hosts file and he has 2
>> computers, one running Win98se and one XP. I was able to find the
>> Hosts file in XP, but haven't located it on the 98 machine.
>>
>> Could someone let me know where it is located in 98se, please?
>>
>> TIA

> C:\Windows\HOSTS

Ta muchly.

Bri.

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Trent SC typed...

>>> I need to make a change in a colleague's Hosts file and he has 2
>>> computers, one running Win98se and one XP. I was able to find the
>>> Hosts file in XP, but haven't located it on the 98 machine.
>>>
>>> Could someone let me know where it is located in 98se, please?
>>>
>>> TIA

>> C:\Windows\HOSTS

> Ta muchly.

You're welcome