Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Upload and dropdownlist from folder

Upload and dropdownlist from folder

Bob

I've made an upload function saving to a specific folder and dropdownlist
reading and listing files from the folder.
When I upload, the list is rendered a second time in the dropdownlist with
the uploaded file only being displayed in the second list. I would like to
avoid the dropdown being filled twice but my knowledge is still pretty
limited so I would be gratefull for help. Also if someone could perhaps
point me to how I make the just uploaded file the selected one in the
dropdownlist it would be perfect. It should be used later on in a Formview
inserting records into a db. But I need to get over this first issue before
I move on.

Here's some code I guess it's the Formview1_PreRender stuff that's the issue
it's logical that it renders it twice but what I should do instead I cannot
figure out.

<script language="VB" runat="server">
Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Dim FileUpLoad1 As FileUpload =
CType(FormView1.FindControl("FileUpLoad1"), FileUpload)
Dim Labeltxt As Object = FormView1.FindControl("Label1")
If FileUpLoad1.HasFile Then
'Uncomment this line to Save the uploaded file
FileUpLoad1.SaveAs("d:\web\pics\" & FileUpLoad1.FileName)
Labeltxt.Text = "Received " & FileUpLoad1.FileName & " Content
Type " & FileUpLoad1.PostedFile.ContentType & " Length " &
FileUpLoad1.PostedFile.ContentLength
Else
Labeltxt.Text = "No uploaded file"
End If

End Sub

Sub Formview1_PreRender(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles FormView1.PreRender

Dim di As New System.IO.DirectoryInfo("d:\web\pics\")
Dim fiArr As System.IO.FileInfo() = di.GetFiles()
Dim fi As System.IO.FileInfo
If FormView1.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Edit Or
FormView1.CurrentMode = FormViewMode.Insert Then
Dim SectionDropDownList As DropDownList
SectionDropDownList = FormView1.FindControl("PicTextBox")
SectionDropDownList.Items.Insert(0, New ListItem("--- Choose
Picture ---"))

For Each fi In fiArr
SectionDropDownList.Items.Add("/pics/" + fi.Name)
Next fi

End If
End Sub
</script>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:FormView ID="FormView1" DefaultMode="Insert" runat="server">
<InsertItemTemplate>
<aspropDownList ID="PicTextBox" runat="server">
</aspropDownList>
<asp:Label id="LabelBilledeupload" runat="server" width="70px"
text="Upload billede:" />

<asp:FileUpLoad id="FileUpLoad1" runat="server" /> <asp:button
id="Button1"
runat="server"
text="Upload billede"
onclick="Button1_Click" /><br />
<asp:Label id="Label1" runat="server" />
<asp:LinkButton ID="InsertButton" runat="server"
CausesValidation="True" CommandName="Insert"
Text="Insert">
</asp:LinkButton>
<asp:LinkButton ID="InsertCancelButton" runat="server"
CausesValidation="False" CommandName="Cancel"
Text="Cancel">
</asp:LinkButton>
</InsertItemTemplate>
</asp:FormView>
</form>

Arsalan

Use Page.IsPostback method to check if the page is loaded for first time or
not.

About selecting the file, iterate through the Dropdownlist's Listitem
collection and check for the file which u've uploaded, and use selectedindex
to set the item.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...