Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Good AVI converter needed

Good AVI converter needed

Murgi

My first message 8 hours ago did not yield any response due to multiple 4
letter word exchange and is now 150 messages away...
Here we go again.

Hi,
I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly AVI files).
They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player that supports a number
of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to convert
them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or CD. I
have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated or
too slow.

Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use software
that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial software).
I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple settings,
etc.

Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion issues? Any
hint is appreciated.

Thanks,
Murgi email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp

The Black Laced One

Murgi wrote:
> My first message 8 hours ago did not yield any response due to
> multiple 4
> letter word exchange and is now 150 messages away...
> Here we go again.
>
> Hi,
> I have a number of video clips downloaded from the Internet (mainly
> AVI files). They play on the computer but not on my new DVD player
> that supports a number
> of other formats. Since I want to watch them on the TV set, I need to
> convert
> them first into a recognized format before burning them to DVD or
> CD. I
> have tried a number of programs, but some were either too complicated
> or
> too slow.
>
> Can somebody (who had similar experiences) recommend an easy-to-use
> software
> that can convert a number of formats (freeware, shareware, commercial
> software).
> I like the g1 clickh stuff without the need to study multiple
> settings,
> etc.
>
> Is there a dedicated newsgroup which handles CD/DVD conversion
> issues? Any
> hint is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Murgi email: (E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
> World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized
> Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Check out this one,
alt.dvd.video
there seems to be a lot of posts in it that could be of use to you. I
clicked on one post, "AVI and MP3 video files." It is along the same lines
of what you are asking about.
HTH But if it doesn't then do a search in the newsgroup listings for
'DVD' only. There were lots to choose from.
PJ

The Black Laced One

Murgi wrote:
>> Check out this one,
>> alt.dvd.video
>> there seems to be a lot of posts in it that could be of use to you.
>> I clicked on one post, "AVI and MP3 video files." It is along the
>> same lines

>> of what you are asking about.

> Yes, there is a lot in it! Thanks...

You're welcome.

>> HTH But if it doesn't then do a search in the newsgroup listings
>> for

>> 'DVD' only. There were lots to choose from.

> I wish there was a NG called "How to ask intelligently"

There actually is a webpage for helping you out with that, but I don't
have the link for it. Perhaps someone else will post it for you.
PJ