Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > This is interesting...

This is interesting...

MajBach1

WinME. Win Media Player 9.x. 'Just upgraded it [WMP] and I cannot remove the
shortcut icon from the desktop. It lets me delete it but it comes back on
reboot.

I'm baffled.

Emrys Davies

Try deleting it from C:\WINDOWS\Desktop, although I am not familiar with
Win. ME.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"MajBach1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rRdLd.129$(E-Mail Removed)...
> WinME. Win Media Player 9.x. 'Just upgraded it [WMP] and I cannot

remove the
> shortcut icon from the desktop. It lets me delete it but it comes back

on
> reboot.
>
> I'm baffled.

Jerry G.

I think burried somewhere in the properties of Media Player, there is a
prompt that indicates to create a shortcut on the desktop. If so, remove the
checkmark.

This is by memory only, because I may have seen this in the Media Player
setup.

I can think of a very much more complex way to stop this, but see if it is
easily fixable first.

--

Greetings,

Romeo E. Albert
============

"Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try deleting it from C:\WINDOWS\Desktop, although I am not familiar with
> Win. ME.
>
> Regards,
> Emrys Davies.
>

> "MajBach1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:rRdLd.129$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > WinME. Win Media Player 9.x. 'Just upgraded it [WMP] and I cannot

> remove the
> > shortcut icon from the desktop. It lets me delete it but it comes back

> on
> > reboot.
> >
> > I'm baffled.

MajBach1

Tried both suggestions. Stupid thing is still there. Any more ideas fellas?

"Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think burried somewhere in the properties of Media Player, there is a
> prompt that indicates to create a shortcut on the desktop. If so, remove

the
> checkmark.
>
> This is by memory only, because I may have seen this in the Media Player
> setup.
>
> I can think of a very much more complex way to stop this, but see if it is
> easily fixable first.
>
> --
>

> Greetings,
>
> Romeo E. Albert
> ============
>
> "Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Try deleting it from C:\WINDOWS\Desktop, although I am not familiar with
> > Win. ME.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Emrys Davies.
> >

> > "MajBach1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:rRdLd.129$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > WinME. Win Media Player 9.x. 'Just upgraded it [WMP] and I cannot

> > remove the
> > > shortcut icon from the desktop. It lets me delete it but it comes back

> > on
> > > reboot.
> > >
> > > I'm baffled.

elaich

"MajBach1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:cVrLd.406$(E-Mail Removed):

> Tried both suggestions. Stupid thing is still there. Any more ideas
> fellas?

Just say "no" to WMP? Who the hell needs it, with it's resource hogging
behavior and digital rights management?

www.winamp.com - all the media player you'll ever need.

Governor Swill

On 31 Jan 2005 16:08:22 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"MajBach1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:cVrLd.406$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Tried both suggestions. Stupid thing is still there. Any more ideas
>> fellas?
>>

>Just say "no" to WMP? Who the hell needs it, with it's resource hogging
>behavior and digital rights management?
>
>www.winamp.com - all the media player you'll ever need.

For a quick, light player use BSPlayer http://www.bsplayer.org/

Swill

--
"Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

"My power is going out."

"Have all your lights gone?"

"No, just the one in the refrigerator."

www.userfriendly.org