Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Belarc/Everest query

Belarc/Everest query

Trent SC

Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my motherboard or
what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?

I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing has a
number of different possible configurations and there's no way of telling
what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up goes
through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no idea
what the damn things are.

Ta muchly!

Toolman Tim

"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my motherboard
or
| what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?
|
| I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing has a
| number of different possible configurations and there's no way of telling
| what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up goes
| through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no idea
| what the damn things are.

It will actually check each part in your computer and tell you what it is.
I've used it to identify rogue parts - things that were *NOT* installed
properly - driver-wise that is - and its told me what the hardware was. Then
I could go get drivers.

Trent SC

> | Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my
> motherboard
> or
> | what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?
> |
> | I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing has
> | number of different possible configurations and there's no way of
> telling
> | what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up goes
> | through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no
> idea
> | what the damn things are.
> |
> It will actually check each part in your computer and tell you what it is.
> I've used it to identify rogue parts - things that were *NOT* installed
> properly - driver-wise that is - and its told me what the hardware was.
> Then
> I could go get drivers.

Thanks very much - sounds like exactly what I'm looking for!

Toolman Tim

"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41fd5202$0$14584$(E-Mail Removed)...
|> | Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my
| > motherboard
| > or
| > | what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?
| > |
| > | I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing
has
| > | number of different possible configurations and there's no way of
| > telling
| > | what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up
goes
| > | through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no
| > idea
| > | what the damn things are.
| > |
| > It will actually check each part in your computer and tell you what it
is.
| > I've used it to identify rogue parts - things that were *NOT* installed
| > properly - driver-wise that is - and its told me what the hardware was.
| > Then
| > I could go get drivers.
|
| Thanks very much - sounds like exactly what I'm looking for!

You're welcome - good luck!

Sunny

news:J7cLd.74$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my
> motherboard
> or
> | what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?
> |
> | I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing has
> | number of different possible configurations and there's no way of
> telling
> | what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up goes
> | through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no
> idea
> | what the damn things are.
> |
> It will actually check each part in your computer and tell you what it is.
> I've used it to identify rogue parts - things that were *NOT* installed
> properly - driver-wise that is - and its told me what the hardware was.
> Then
> I could go get drivers.

One thing that Everest won't read is RD RAMBUS Memory (Motherboard/SPD)
Right window is greyed out. ?
Reads DR Ram OK on another PC .

Trent SC

>> | Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my
>> motherboard
>> or
>> | what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?
>> |
>> | I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing has
>> | number of different possible configurations and there's no way of
>> telling
>> | what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up goes
>> | through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no
>> idea
>> | what the damn things are.
>> |
>> It will actually check each part in your computer and tell you what it
>> is.
>> I've used it to identify rogue parts - things that were *NOT* installed
>> properly - driver-wise that is - and its told me what the hardware was.
>> Then
>> I could go get drivers.

> One thing that Everest won't read is RD RAMBUS Memory (Motherboard/SPD)
> Right window is greyed out. ?
> Reads DR Ram OK on another PC .

That I can live with!

Plato

Trent SC wrote:

> Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my motherboard or
> what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?

They mostly work both ways these days. ie the better diags do.

Trent©

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:47:55 -0000, "Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my motherboard or
>what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?

It can go both ways...it just depends.

For instance...

I'm running a K6-2 412! lol

On some items, you'll need to simply open the box and look.

Or take yer chances.

Have a nice one...

Trent©

Trent©

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:11:28 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Trent SC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>| Do these applications tell me what hardware is attached to my motherboard
>or
>| what hardware I've told Windows 98se is attached?
>|
>| I have a problem in that the motherboard on an old PC I'm repairing has a
>| number of different possible configurations and there's no way of telling
>| what is actually there on the blasted machine. The Win98se set-up goes
>| through any number of 'unknown device found' routines, and I have no idea
>| what the damn things are.
>|
>It will actually check each part in your computer and tell you what it is.

Usually...but not always.

See my other post.

Have a nice one...

Trent©

ASP.NET won't retrieve query results that depend on union query Eric Nelson ASP .Net 5 02-04-2009 10:51 PM
Trying to query the Address table data of AdventureWorks database from Query Analyzer - need help! Learner ASP .Net 1 01-30-2006 08:58 PM
xpath query query David Gordon XML 2 05-18-2005 03:33 PM
CAML Query: Multiple Query Fields Issue Jon F. ASP .Net Web Services 0 05-12-2004 08:19 PM

Advertisments