Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stop Programs auto loading at startup?

Stop Programs auto loading at startup?

Sentinel

I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer software
always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.

There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is no
sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing this?

Ingeborg

"Sentinel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer
> software always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.
>
> There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is
> no sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing
> this?

Use MsConfig->Startup (Start->Run->MsConfig)

Bill P

"Sentinel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer

software
> always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.
>
> There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is

no
> sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing

this?

Get Startman to control program start-ups

http://www.pt.lu/comnet/desc/startman.html

Regards
Bill

Blinky the Shark

Sentinel wrote:

> I've got a HP Printer and when starting Windows XP, the HP printer software
> always gets loaded and appears as an icon in the toolbar.

> There are no settings to stop it in the printer software and there is no
> sign of it in the windows 'Startup' folder. How do I stop it doing this?

Here's a nice little Control Panel applet (also available as an exe --
your choice) for controlling startups:

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Response To Extended Endless September:
Now kill-filing posts made with User-Agent G2