Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton blocks Internet...

Norton blocks Internet...

Murgi

A colleague has installed "Norton Internet Security" which includes a virus
checker and a firewall among other functions.
After that he has no access to the Internet anymore. I know that it has to
do with the firewall since deactivating it will enable access to the Internet
again.
Does anybody know where to tell the program to accept access to the Internet.
My firewall settings are different since I don't use Norton... so I couldn't
hel out.

Thanks,
Murgi

doS

"
..karrick" <(E-Mail Removed)

"Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

> A colleague has installed "Norton Internet Security" which includes a

virus
> checker and a firewall among other functions.
> After that he has no access to the Internet anymore. I know that it has to
> do with the firewall since deactivating it will enable access to the

Internet
> again.
> Does anybody know where to tell the program to accept access to the

Internet.
> My firewall settings are different since I don't use Norton... so I

couldn't
> hel out.
>
> Thanks,
> Murgi

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Murgi

"doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"
>.karrick" <(E-Mail Removed)

Thanks... but "karrick" doesn't seem to be the solution to it.

G. Morgan

Subject: Re: Norton blocks Internet...
Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
=> doS <= wrote:

>.karrick" <(E-Mail Removed)

LOL!!
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

Toolman Tim

| "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| >"
| >.karrick" <(E-Mail Removed)
| >

| Thanks... but "karrick" doesn't seem to be the solution to it.

Ms. A. Karrick let it slip here that she is doing tech support...not
necessarily here though ;o)

Murgi

>| Thanks... but "karrick" doesn't seem to be the solution to it.
>|

>Ms. A. Karrick let it slip here that she is doing tech support...not
>necessarily here though ;o)

Got it!!!
The Windows Firewall needs to be disabled. It was reported by the system
after some time...

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

> A colleague has installed "Norton Internet Security" which includes a

virus
> checker and a firewall among other functions.
> After that he has no access to the Internet anymore. I know that it has to
> do with the firewall since deactivating it will enable access to the

Internet
> again.
> Does anybody know where to tell the program to accept access to the

Internet.
> My firewall settings are different since I don't use Norton... so I

couldn't
> hel out.

Best way to stop NIS from disabling Internet Access - is to remove
NIS!

For those it works, it works great. For others, it's absolute
dreck.

RwP