Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Page Cannot be displayed

Page Cannot be displayed

Mr. Nobody

Hi. can anyone help me solve a problem for a friend of mine.When he connects
to the internet and tries to open his browser (ie5) it says page cannot be
displayed.
He is running windows ME.
He says it just started to happen for no apparent reason.The Freeserve icon
on his taskbar shows the internet as connected.I'm not much help to him i'm
afraid,but im hoping someone in here may be able to help out.

Avengerę

Mr. Nobody http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
CpKd.6283$(E-Mail Removed):
> Hi. can anyone help me solve a problem for a friend of mine.When he
> connects to the internet and tries to open his browser (ie5) it says
> page cannot be displayed.
> He is running windows ME.
> He says it just started to happen for no apparent reason.The
> Freeserve icon on his taskbar shows the internet as connected.I'm not
> much help to him i'm afraid,but im hoping someone in here may be able
> to help out.

OH, **** OFF YOU STUPID ****!!!

Mr. Nobody

"Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-defined-inconsistent-minimus.o
rg...
> Mr. Nobody (E-Mail Removed), wrote in message
> CpKd.6283$(E-Mail Removed):
> > Hi. can anyone help me solve a problem for a friend of mine.When he
> > connects to the internet and tries to open his browser (ie5) it says
> > page cannot be displayed.
> > He is running windows ME.
> > He says it just started to happen for no apparent reason.The
> > Freeserve icon on his taskbar shows the internet as connected.I'm not
> > much help to him i'm afraid,but im hoping someone in here may be able
> > to help out.

> OH, **** OFF YOU STUPID ****!!!

Whats your problem dickhead,apart from ypur caps lock jammed ?

Avengerę

Avengerę (E-Mail Removed)l, wrote in message

> I'm so old, I fart dust.

Valverdez

"Mr. Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MCpKd.6283$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi. can anyone help me solve a problem for a friend of mine.When he
> connects
> to the internet and tries to open his browser (ie5) it says page cannot be
> displayed.
> He is running windows ME.
> He says it just started to happen for no apparent reason.The Freeserve
> icon
> on his taskbar shows the internet as connected.I'm not much help to him
> i'm
> afraid,but im hoping someone in here may be able to help out.

Be more specific, is it JUST the home page that can't be displayed or NO
PAGES at all? Can he ping a site? If it's just the home page, it probably
moved or the server is down, if it's all pages, well I'd say your friend has
a problem Why is he using Win ME anyway????????? It's CRAP, move on,
get a copy of Win XP (Pro or Fam) or even Win 2k, anything but Win ME, I
would even recomend running Win 98 over ME.

Valverde

Governor Swill

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:46:52 GMT, "Mr. Nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi. can anyone help me solve a problem for a friend of mine.When he connects
>to the internet and tries to open his browser (ie5) it says page cannot be
>displayed.
>He is running windows ME.
>He says it just started to happen for no apparent reason.The Freeserve icon
>on his taskbar shows the internet as connected.I'm not much help to him i'm
>afraid,but im hoping someone in here may be able to help out.

Tell your friend to call his isp.

Swill

--
"Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

"My power is going out."

"Have all your lights gone?"

"No, just the one in the refrigerator."

www.userfriendly.org