Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual Display questions involving 2 video cards...

Dual Display questions involving 2 video cards...

RJ Jr.

Hi all, and yeah, I'm going to get two questions in this post for the
price of one...Thanks to anyone who answers...

1 - I use an All In Wonder 9000 Pro as my primary display adaptor. It
is in the AGP slot of my motherboard. I am trying to set up a second
display using a PCI GFX card. I have tried using a TNT2 M64 Riva PCI
card, but when WinXP loads, it tells me that I am using a driver that
is too old for XP. This error message persists even with an updated
Nvidia driver. The AIW card is set up in BIOS as the primary card, as
I want the TV part to function. I checked the HCL, and it seems that
the TNT2 card is compatible with XP. Any clues/remedies?

2 - I have achieved dual display bliss with the AIW 9000 Pro in AGP
and an ATI Rage XL cheapo display device in the PCI. However, when I
leave the AIW as the primary display, the Rage XL will not load
correctly. When I move the Rage XL to the primary spot in BIOS,
everything loads fine, but the TV function will not work from the AIW
card. Is there something I can do to make everything work at once?

TIA to any responders...