Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Software and camera driver

Reply
Thread Tools

Software and camera driver

 
 
Spiderd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
Hi all
The other day while walking through a TJ-Max store I made
and impulse purchase. Bought a Oregon Scientific "thinCam DS6618".
It was in a open box that had camera and manual and cable but not
the CD with necessary software. I can and will return it if I can not
find the necessary software anywhere. I tried Google and Oregon
Scientific online but without any luck.

Question is:
Anybody here know where or how I can acquire the software to
get my computer to recognize and read the stored pictures on the
camera.

When I bought it I thought one of my graphic programs could handle
it but unfortunately looks like there is no "standard" in
communicating
with digital cameras......or is there?

Thanks for any help and suggestions

Forgot to mention that the price was only $20 and it grabbed me,
being a camera buff, sort of.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
/3iff //ullins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:12:44 -0500, Spiderd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all
> The other day while walking through a TJ-Max store I made
>and impulse purchase. Bought a Oregon Scientific "thinCam DS6618".
>It was in a open box that had camera and manual and cable but not
>the CD with necessary software. I can and will return it if I can not
>find the necessary software anywhere. I tried Google and Oregon
>Scientific online but without any luck.
>
>Question is:
> Anybody here know where or how I can acquire the software to
>get my computer to recognize and read the stored pictures on the
>camera.
>

sure. here are the drivers for it:
http://www2.oregonscientific.com/ass...618_driver.zip

hth!

>When I bought it I thought one of my graphic programs could handle
>it but unfortunately looks like there is no "standard" in
>communicating
>with digital cameras......or is there?
>
>Thanks for any help and suggestions
>
>Forgot to mention that the price was only $20 and it grabbed me,
>being a camera buff, sort of.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spiderd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
Biff Mullins: Many thanks for your response. It was what I needed
and now I can use the camera with the downloaded software from
the site you gave.

Thanks again

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:23:38 GMT, /3iff //ullins
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:12:44 -0500, Spiderd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>> The other day while walking through a TJ-Max store I made
>>and impulse purchase. Bought a Oregon Scientific "thinCam DS6618".
>>It was in a open box that had camera and manual and cable but not
>>the CD with necessary software. I can and will return it if I can not
>>find the necessary software anywhere. I tried Google and Oregon
>>Scientific online but without any luck.
>>
>>Question is:
>> Anybody here know where or how I can acquire the software to
>>get my computer to recognize and read the stored pictures on the
>>camera.
>>

>sure. here are the drivers for it:
>http://www2.oregonscientific.com/ass...618_driver.zip
>
>hth!
>
>>When I bought it I thought one of my graphic programs could handle
>>it but unfortunately looks like there is no "standard" in
>>communicating
>>with digital cameras......or is there?
>>
>>Thanks for any help and suggestions
>>
>>Forgot to mention that the price was only $20 and it grabbed me,
>>being a camera buff, sort of.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camera Driver/Software Question Loop Digital Photography 4 07-02-2006 04:57 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xffc Thread 0x228 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-30-2006 03:16 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 1 03-24-2006 04:20 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-24-2006 02:22 PM
Kyocera Finecam SL300R Camera-Need Driver Software for Windows computer Digital Photography 4 04-13-2005 02:11 AM



Advertisments