Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > call waiting

call waiting

detap

I am running win.2000 and I have disabled call waiting, so I don't get
interrupted
while I am on line,But I'm still getting the calls through and knocking me
off line.
I have checked and every thing is still set for disable call waiting. Can
someone tell me what I can do?

/3iff //ullins

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:54:56 -0700, "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am running win.2000 and I have disabled call waiting, so I don't get
>interrupted
>while I am on line,But I'm still getting the calls through and knocking me
>off line.
>I have checked and every thing is still set for disable call waiting. Can
>someone tell me what I can do?

this might be of help:
http://www.computing.net/howto/simple/callwait/

in a nutshell, if *70 is the code your telco uses to disable call
waiting, add *70, (including the comma) right before your local
dial-up access number. so it would look like this: *70,123-4567

if you're using something like aol, walmart connect or peoplepc, look
around for a place you can enter something that needs to be dialed
before the number gets dialed and just enter *70. (not sure if you'd
need the comma in this case...)

the comma basically adds a brief pause before continuing to dial the
number.

hth!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:54:56 -0700, "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I am running win.2000 and I have disabled call waiting, so I don't get
|> interrupted
|> while I am on line,But I'm still getting the calls through and knocking me
|> off line.
|> I have checked and every thing is still set for disable call waiting. Can
|> someone tell me what I can do?

If *70 doesn't work,
Go to this page to read how to input modem commands
http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,6226-954508,00.html
Type in the command
S10=255

This switch determines how much garbage the modem will put up with until
it drops carrier, 255 says it will put up with a lot.

Voipfone - Call Waiting 'beep' Andy Lord UK VOIP 2 01-04-2007 07:56 PM
cisco 7960 call waiting beep (sip) Joel S Cisco 0 07-20-2006 06:29 PM
Old style call waiting Alt-Ctrl-Del Computer Support 6 10-13-2005 04:16 AM
Sipgate & Call Waiting ID bacillus cereus UK VOIP 0 05-19-2005 06:36 PM
Call waiting and CHAT script News Account Cisco 1 01-25-2004 09:05 PM

Advertisments