Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Chkdsk XP

Chkdsk XP

Nick Withers

After running a XP Chkdsk scan of my hard drive, unless I am watching
the screen when it finishes, where do I find the log file of the results
of the scan?
Thanks.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:03:19 +1300, Nick Withers <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|> After running a XP Chkdsk scan of my hard drive, unless I am watching
|> the screen when it finishes, where do I find the log file of the results
|> of the scan?

I don't see a choice of doing so in the error checking option of disk
properties.

But if you run Chkdsk in a dos/command prompt window, when it's done
your shown the results which you can copy and paste from there.
(right click the top of the screen, edit, mark -mark- then copy)

While in dos you can do a "command > log.txt" to create a text file,
this is one command that can hang up on you if you do (if an error is
found).

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:17:51 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> [...]

Unless of course you mean when your booting up, then you can find an
output in your event viewer.