Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Winrar File - Creating contents list

Winrar File - Creating contents list

Lee Davison

Win2k, oe6 ie6
I have a .rar file in which ive saved most of my music collection, you open
the file and theres a folder per artist with a few sub folders for different
albums. I would like to get a sheet of paper printed showing me what
individual songs I have in the whole rar file ie so i can pick from what ive
got and make a "best of my collection" CD. Can anyone advise how to copy /
extract the file names onto a word doc in the easiest manner?

Thanks
Lee

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:00:29 +0000 (UTC), "Lee Davison"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Win2k, oe6 ie6
|> I have a .rar file in which ive saved most of my music collection, you open
|> the file and theres a folder per artist with a few sub folders for different
|> albums. I would like to get a sheet of paper printed showing me what
|> individual songs I have in the whole rar file ie so i can pick from what ive
|> got and make a "best of my collection" CD. Can anyone advise how to copy /
|> extract the file names onto a word doc in the easiest manner?

Download RAR for dos

In a dos window and in the RAR directory type in rar /? for a list of
commands, I think yours would be - rar v 'your file' > filelist.txt

Move/copy your file into the RAR directory, makes it a lot easier to
work with.

why?

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:00:29 +0000 (UTC), Lee Davison wrote:

>Win2k, oe6 ie6
>I have a .rar file in which ive saved most of my music collection, you open
>the file and theres a folder per artist with a few sub folders for different
>albums. I would like to get a sheet of paper printed showing me what
>individual songs I have in the whole rar file ie so i can pick from what ive
>got and make a "best of my collection" CD. Can anyone advise how to copy /
>extract the file names onto a word doc in the easiest manner?

See the command line help,

for the lb and lt command. That l - as in lower case L.
or the vt and vb commands.

Oddly enough there are examples in the Rar.txt file

User's Manual
RAR 3.30 32-bit console version

Me