Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Locked up in Safe Mode after using Aptiva Win98 CD

Locked up in Safe Mode after using Aptiva Win98 CD

Paul Welch

A friend was trying to install Bell South's DSL on his Dell laptop. The
last step called for him to put in the Win98 CD. He had left this in
another state so we borrowed a friend's IBM Aptiva CD which supposedly
had WIN98 on. The laptop went to Safe Mode and we have been unable to
get it out of this mode.

Any suggestions? We closed all applications that were open but this
didn't help. We tried Add/Remve programs to take out the Aptiva Access
program but couldn't do it in safe mode. Finally just deleted the
folder but laptop still locked up in safe Mode.

Paul