Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SIIG UltraATA RAID controller crap? and no support?

SIIG UltraATA RAID controller crap? and no support?

Atreju

I haven't had a chance to call them yet it being a weekend, but has
anyone ever tried the SIIG UltraATA 133 PCI RAID Card?

I is absolute dung.

The BIOS interface sucks - more like a "Press a button and its
permanent" than any kind of menu.
Then I flashed the BIOS (because the card simply didn't RAID my
drives) and now the entire interface is reduced to the same one screen
which only asks me to select the primary "Set" over and over.

Their online support "knowledgebase" seems to be an abyss of empty
dynamic pages. There is no actual support or "knowledge" in there.

I used to use SIIG's extra Parallel port cards a lot years ago and I
was quite happy with them. I didn't expect this $50+ card to be such
crap.

Anyone have any experience with this?

TY

---Atreju---

Toolman Tim

"Atreju" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|I haven't had a chance to call them yet it being a weekend, but has
| anyone ever tried the SIIG UltraATA 133 PCI RAID Card?
|
| I is absolute dung.
|
| The BIOS interface sucks - more like a "Press a button and its
| permanent" than any kind of menu.
| Then I flashed the BIOS (because the card simply didn't RAID my
| drives) and now the entire interface is reduced to the same one screen
| which only asks me to select the primary "Set" over and over.
|
| Their online support "knowledgebase" seems to be an abyss of empty
| dynamic pages. There is no actual support or "knowledge" in there.
|
| I used to use SIIG's extra Parallel port cards a lot years ago and I
| was quite happy with them. I didn't expect this $50+ card to be such
| crap.
|
| Anyone have any experience with this?

Not withat particular board, but I had unhappiness galore with a simple PCI
dual parallel port card from them once. I've avoided them since.