Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > spywear removal..

spywear removal..

the_niner_nation

No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still infested
with spywear on my PC....
It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.

Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really ANNOYING
me...

warmest regards and thanks in advance...

samuel

"the_niner_nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still
> infested with spywear on my PC....
> It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.
>
> Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really
> ANNOYING me...
>
> warmest regards and thanks in advance...

download, install, update, run these
Spybot Search and Destroy
Spyware Blaster
Hijackthis

check your Hijackthis log file here.
http://hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english

read
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

did you try online scans ?
http://housecall.antivirus.com/
http://www.mcafee.com/us/

Mellowed

If the other suggestions haven't solved the problem, download the free
version of Pest Patrol. www.pestpatrol.com

Hummm. I just checked the site and it has changed. Computer Associates
bought Pest Patrol and it is not as attractive as in the past. It is now
only a last resort. It looks like things are getting screwed up.

"the_niner_nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still infested
> with spywear on my PC....
> It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.
>
> Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really ANNOYING
> me...
>
> warmest regards and thanks in advance...

Saba

if bnoting works, try Microsoft´s new antispyware program

Governor Swill

On 22 Jan 2005 04:42:47 -0800, "the_niner_nation"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still infested
>with spywear on my PC....
>It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.
>
>Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really ANNOYING
>me...
>
>warmest regards and thanks in advance...

This usually indicates that the program which installs the spyware is
still installed on the machine. OR you are still using web services
(game, greeting card, shopping survey) sites that install spyware.

Go to Control Panel and open add/remove programs. Open your browser
and search Google for the names of the programs installed on your
computer including the word "spyware" in the search terms. This will
give you spyware discussion sites that mention that program. If it is
identified as spyware or a spyware installer, remove the program from
add/remove. If that fails, search for the program name again and
include "uninstall" or "remove" in the search terms. That will give
you pages discussing removal methods for the program. Once you've
uninstalled any spyware using software from your computer, rerun
Adaware also run Spybot Search and Destroy. These will remove the
spyware files and with the spyware installers gone, they should not
reoccur. You don't have to look up every program. Obviously
legitimate stuff (Microsoft, Adobe, AOL for example) isn't putting the
stuff on your machine.

Swill

--

You can have my forteinc.com account when you pry it out of my
cold, dead, hard drive. http://www.forteinc.com

MP

I have the same problems, right now I'm using FREE MS-Antispyware Beta and
its work well , the most important thing is its absolutely totally FREE try
it.

Good Luck and Cheers
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

"Governor Swill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 22 Jan 2005 04:42:47 -0800, "the_niner_nation"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>No matter how many times I run and re-run adaware, i am still infested
>>with spywear on my PC....
>>It also shows when i do an anti virus scan using Norton2005.
>>
>>Is there anyway I can get rid of this stuff, it is really ANNOYING
>>me...
>>
>>warmest regards and thanks in advance...

> This usually indicates that the program which installs the spyware is
> still installed on the machine. OR you are still using web services
> (game, greeting card, shopping survey) sites that install spyware.
>
> Go to Control Panel and open add/remove programs. Open your browser
> and search Google for the names of the programs installed on your
> computer including the word "spyware" in the search terms. This will
> give you spyware discussion sites that mention that program. If it is
> identified as spyware or a spyware installer, remove the program from
> add/remove. If that fails, search for the program name again and
> include "uninstall" or "remove" in the search terms. That will give
> you pages discussing removal methods for the program. Once you've
> uninstalled any spyware using software from your computer, rerun
> Adaware also run Spybot Search and Destroy. These will remove the
> spyware files and with the spyware installers gone, they should not
> reoccur. You don't have to look up every program. Obviously
> legitimate stuff (Microsoft, Adobe, AOL for example) isn't putting the
> stuff on your machine.
>
> Swill
>
> --
>
> You can have my forteinc.com account when you pry it out of my
> cold, dead, hard drive. http://www.forteinc.com
> (E-Mail Removed)

Reader

MP wrote:

> I have the same problems, right now I'm using FREE MS-Antispyware
> Beta and its work well , the most important thing is its absolutely
> totally FREE

Many other antispyware apps are also totally FREE (eg. Spybot) and
they're not just re-badged versions of other software, like MS is.

Governor Swill

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:53:06 -0600, "MP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the same problems, right now I'm using FREE MS-Antispyware Beta and
>its work well , the most important thing is its absolutely totally FREE try
>it.

There are a dozen free and effective antiparasite tools but the MS one
won't be for long.

Swill

--

You can have my forteinc.com account when you pry it out of my
cold, dead, hard drive. http://www.forteinc.com
(E-Mail Removed)

Virus?? Spywear?? HELP NEEDED!!!! the_niner_nation Computer Support 4 12-05-2005 01:54 PM
What about GIANT spywear? Judah Schultz Computer Security 19 11-25-2005 03:10 PM
spywear removal.. the_niner_nation Computer Support 1 01-24-2005 05:09 AM
Spywear software Rob Computer Support 8 04-29-2004 01:19 PM
spywear \addware removal Hush-up!! Computer Support 2 12-02-2003 03:57 PM

Advertisments