Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microsoft antispyware

Microsoft antispyware

dunc

I wanted to try this program, but was told that I must unstall my
existing version of Giant Antispyware. As I have the Giant program
installed, is there any advantage to using the MS product?

Gloria Goitre

"dunc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I wanted to try this program, but was told that I must unstall my
> existing version of Giant Antispyware. As I have the Giant program
> installed, is there any advantage to using the MS product?

Don't. No.

--
Gloria Goitre.

dunc

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:04:27 -0000, "Gloria Goitre"
<gloria@my-****-dont-stink.com> wrote:

>"dunc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> I wanted to try this program, but was told that I must unstall my
>> existing version of Giant Antispyware. As I have the Giant program
>> installed, is there any advantage to using the MS product?

>Don't. No.

Thanks for that - backs up my thought

Ron Martell

dunc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I wanted to try this program, but was told that I must unstall my
>existing version of Giant Antispyware. As I have the Giant program
>installed, is there any advantage to using the MS product?

Microsoft bought Giant.

The Microsoft beta release is basically Giant's last version with some
modifications to the appearance.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Jack Underwood

"Gloria Goitre" <gloria@my-****-dont-stink.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "dunc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> I wanted to try this program, but was told that I must unstall my
>> existing version of Giant Antispyware. As I have the Giant program
>> installed, is there any advantage to using the MS product?

> Don't. No.
>
> --

I've equally wanted to use this product, but I saw that it was in a beta
test. When the first version is released, will it have any features worth
having?

dunc

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:17:21 GMT, Ron Martell <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>dunc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I wanted to try this program, but was told that I must unstall my
>>existing version of Giant Antispyware. As I have the Giant program
>>installed, is there any advantage to using the MS product?

>Microsoft bought Giant.
>
>The Microsoft beta release is basically Giant's last version with some
>modifications to the appearance.
>

>Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

Thanks, Ron. Will run with the one I've got

D. Best

how about updates ... microsoft has already had two ...

--
- d. best -
Exercise your mind, body & freedoms

Gloria Goitre

"D. Best" <Exercise Your Body, Mind & Freedoms@Nam 69,70,71> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)
> how about updates ... microsoft has already had two ...

Updates are still applied using GIANT specific s/w and its update process.
What's your problem?

What? Oh, you think that because MS has bought the company the existing
users with GIANT specific s/w won't be able to get updates. Mmm. ****.

--
Glorious Goitre

sgt.dust.yuengling@gmail.com

I think the MS Antispyware is a very good program to clear
spyware/ad-ware my company uses MS Antispyware i would definily
recomend trying it out

Dustin Yuengling
Professional IT Tech manager

docmill

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> I think the MS Antispyware is a very good program to clear
> spyware/ad-ware my company uses MS Antispyware i would definily
> recomend trying it out
>
> Dustin Yuengling
> Professional IT Tech manager

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/article...ion=show&id=84

To test how many infected files Microsoft AntiSpyware may have missed, we
ran a scan using Ad-Aware and SpyBot immediately after running Microsoft
AntiSpyware Beta.

--