Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Delayed Emails

Delayed Emails

For the past few days, I have been receiving emails that were actually sent
on Jan 12, 13 and 14, but am just now receiving them on the 19th and 20th of
January. These are business websites that I receive almost daily emails
from and have never had a problem like this before. I am a secret shopper
and these emails consists of job offers, that by the time I receive them,
are past dated.
I can't afford for this to keep happening. I get my email through Outlook
Express and have never had this happen. Please HELP!!! It's costing me
jobs and money.

Thanks,
Sheila Porter

Mike Easter

> For the past few days, I have been receiving emails that were
> actually sent on Jan 12, 13 and 14, but am just now receiving them on
> the 19th and 20th of January.

It is possible that your provider experienced mail delays that have now
been remedied.

> I can't afford for this to keep happening.

Email isn't completely reliable; if you depend on it you should create
some redundancy by having an alternate source or two for important mail.
That way if carolina or triad RR mail is delayed, your alternate mail
provider will provide you with timely mail.

I don't think it is going to be time well spent contacting your provider
about this past issue. You can gripe, they can respond, the customer
service may or not be familiar with what the issue was; and they will
continue to do whatever it is they do however well they do it that
usually results in your mail being ontime and sometimes not.

--
Mike Easter

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> For the past few days, I have been receiving emails that were
> actually sent on Jan 12, 13 and 14, but am just now receiving them on
> the 19th and 20th of January. These are business websites that I
> receive almost daily emails from and have never had a problem like
> this before. I am a secret shopper and these emails consists of job
> offers, that by the time I receive them, are past dated.

> I can't afford for this to keep happening. I get my email through
> Outlook Express and have never had this happen. Please HELP!!! It's
> costing me jobs and money.

If you open your delayed emails and look at the full header info:
Right-Click the message in your index,
click PROPERTIES then DETAILS

You'll get the listing of time-date stamps from each server during
delivery. You should be able to tell from that where the slowdown was.

If you're unable to decode them, contact your ISP (RoadRunner) and ask
for them to do so instead.

--
(E-Mail Removed)
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor