Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Connecting two networks.

Connecting two networks.

Nick

Is it possible to connect two networked
systems so they will see each other?

1st network is wired and runs 192.168.0.#
This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
with a dsl router to the various machines
and has DNS allocation.
Everything on this network is configurable.

2nd network is wireless and runs 192.168.1.#
This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
with a wireless router to the various machines
and has DNS allocation.
The only configurable.parts of this network are
the PC's.

TIA

PC

news:_%SHd.99$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to connect two networked
> systems so they will see each other?
>
> 1st network is wired and runs 192.168.0.#
> This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
> with a dsl router to the various machines
> and has DNS allocation.
> Everything on this network is configurable.
>
> 2nd network is wireless and runs 192.168.1.#
> This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
> with a wireless router to the various machines
> and has DNS allocation.
> The only configurable.parts of this network are
> the PC's.
>

> TIA

If you're running XP, look up "Create a Network Bridge" under Help and
Support.
Cheers
Paul.

Nick

"PC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%1VHd.9906$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_%SHd.99$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it possible to connect two networked
> > systems so they will see each other?
> >
> > 1st network is wired and runs 192.168.0.#
> > This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
> > with a dsl router to the various machines
> > and has DNS allocation.
> > Everything on this network is configurable.
> >
> > 2nd network is wireless and runs 192.168.1.#
> > This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
> > with a wireless router to the various machines
> > and has DNS allocation.
> > The only configurable.parts of this network are
> > the PC's.
> >

> > TIA
> >

> If you're running XP, look up "Create a Network Bridge" under Help and
> Support.
> Cheers
> Paul.

I'm running Win98SE on all PC's?

Duane Arnold

"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:_%SHd.99$9q.49@newsfe2-
win.ntli.net:

> Is it possible to connect two networked
> systems so they will see each other?
>
> 1st network is wired and runs 192.168.0.#
> This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
> with a dsl router to the various machines
> and has DNS allocation.
> Everything on this network is configurable.
>
> 2nd network is wireless and runs 192.168.1.#
> This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
> with a wireless router to the various machines
> and has DNS allocation.
> The only configurable.parts of this network are
> the PC's.

You need a bridge device to connect the two routers.

http://tinyurl.com/6h4l9

Duane

Governor Swill

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:46:18 GMT, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>This is fed via a cable modem for internet use
>with a dsl router

Well there's your problem.

Swill

--

You can have my forteinc.com account when you pry it out of my
cold, dead, hard drive. http://www.forteinc.com