Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > w32.spybot.worm

w32.spybot.worm

Jeff Plas

Is there a removal rool available for this virus?

Jeff

Avengerę

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:16:03 GMT, "Jeff Plas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a removal rool available for this virus?
>
>Jeff

All will be explained here:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ybot.worm.html
--
Avengerę
I *HATE* Spam

Jeff Plas

> All will be explained here:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ybot.worm.html
> --

Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm seems
to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which sucks up
pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on that site involves
using an antivirus program, which I don't have. And since my connection is
so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15 hours to download an antivirus
software, assuming my computer maintains the connection that long. I was
hoping to find a removal program since it'd likely be less than 1/10 the
size so I'd have a better shot at getting it and I could free up my
connection to download AVG.

Jeff

trout

Jeff Plas wrote:

["Avenger" wrote:]

>> All will be explained here:
>>

>http://securityresponse.symantec.com...32.spybot.worm

..html

> Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm
> seems to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which
> sucks up pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on
> that site involves using an antivirus program, which I don't have.
> And since my connection is so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15
> hours to download an antivirus software, assuming my computer
> maintains the connection that long. I was hoping to find a removal
> program since it'd likely be less than 1/10 the size so I'd have a
> better shot at getting it and I could free up my connection to
> download AVG.
>
> Jeff

MS had this patched a while back. If you can, just go to the update
site, and get it. Or use a buddy's machine to get the patch, and stick
it on a floppy. If you need a walk-through, please, *at least*, mention
which OS you are using.
--
"It's as easy as you make it."

Jeff Plas

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jeff Plas wrote:
>
> ["Avenger" wrote:]
>
> >> All will be explained here:
> >>

> >http://securityresponse.symantec.com...32.spybot.worm

> .html
>
> > Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm
> > seems to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which
> > sucks up pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on
> > that site involves using an antivirus program, which I don't have.
> > And since my connection is so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15
> > hours to download an antivirus software, assuming my computer
> > maintains the connection that long. I was hoping to find a removal
> > program since it'd likely be less than 1/10 the size so I'd have a
> > better shot at getting it and I could free up my connection to
> > download AVG.
> >
> > Jeff

> MS had this patched a while back. If you can, just go to the update
> site, and get it. Or use a buddy's machine to get the patch, and stick
> it on a floppy. If you need a walk-through, please, *at least*, mention
> which OS you are using.
> --

My mistake. Win2000 is the OS.

Jeff

trout

Jeff Plas wrote:

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jeff Plas wrote:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...32.spybot.worm
>>> .html

>>> Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm
>>> seems to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer,
>>> which sucks up pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the
>>> instructions on that site involves using an antivirus program,
>>> which I don't have. And since my connection is so bogged down,
>>> It'll probably take 10-15 hours to download an antivirus software,
>>> assuming my computer maintains the connection that long. I was
>>> hoping to find a removal program since it'd likely be less than
>>> 1/10 the size so I'd have a better shot at getting it and I could
>>> free up my connection to download AVG.
>>>
>>> Jeff

>> MS had this patched a while back. If you can, just go to the
>> update site, and get it. Or use a buddy's machine to get the patch,
>> and stick it on a floppy. If you need a walk-through, please, *at
>> least*, mention which OS you are using.
>> --

> My mistake. Win2000 is the OS.
>
> Jeff

Do you have this service pack?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1E132808
--
"I'd suggest starting there."

Carol2

"Jeff Plas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LdKHd.19759$(E-Mail Removed) om...

> > All will be explained here:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ybot.worm.html
> > --

> Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm

seems
> to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which sucks

up
> pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on that site

involves
> using an antivirus program, which I don't have. And since my

connection is
> so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15 hours to download an

antivirus
> software, assuming my computer maintains the connection that long. I

was
> hoping to find a removal program since it'd likely be less than 1/10

the
> size so I'd have a better shot at getting it and I could free up my
> connection to download AVG.
>
> Jeff

Hi Jeff....... FWIW......when I downloaded the new free AVG7, it allowed
me to save it to disk. I got the installer .exe saved to the desktop &
installed from there. Perhaps you can download it to a friend's machine
& burn the 10.2 MB file to CD to transfer to your own machine. Of
course, you will still have to stay on line long enough to download the
updates........think there were 3 of them, initially.

HTH,
Carol2