Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVI in WM

AVI in WM

Neil Scott

I sent an .avi file to several people. It opens in WindowsMedia, but all
they get is the psychedelic patterns and audio only.

Is there a setting that they need to check within the program?

Thanks!

Richard

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:17:15 -0800 Neil Scott wrote:

> I sent an .avi file to several people. It opens in WindowsMedia, but
> all
> they get is the psychedelic patterns and audio only.

> Is there a setting that they need to check within the program?

> Thanks!

They just don't have the proper codec.
Or the wrong version of WMP.
Later versions should play them fine.